Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The iQ called Eggsy

bakkus

Greetings!

As of just a few weeks, I'm now the proud owner of a black 2012 iQ!
So far very happy with the purchase!

Living and working in the city of Oslo, Norway - a city that hates the car more than most.
Our local council has pretty much said that they hate cars, and are attempting to make the city car-free and therefore also parking free within the next few years.

So far parking has been an absolute breeze, even in the inncer city. This thing fits into every nook and cranny, and so far I haven't even had to fill up with fuel (bought it with a full tank).

I've always liked doing little tweaks to my cars, so this will be my build thread.
I'll try to keep it updated as things go along.

First off -
Meet my beaut:

33_1984122437_censored.jpg

33_1628704241.jpg

33_1388068227.jpg

33_1573371900.jpg

33_1798909545.jpg

• Like 2

My first project is partly out of necessity:

Norway is closing the FM radio network (allegedly because of maintenance cost): http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/norway-radio-fm-switch-off-turn-off-mw-lw-world-first-country-a7521581.html

This means that the head-unit in the gun-turret-looking dashboard will be obsolete within the year.

My plan is to use the knowledge gained from this forum (this thread:) 

and fit an aftermarket 2DIN DAB+-capable player.
So far I've sourced most of the parts online, but it looks like I'll have to hit up my local Toyota dealer in order to get the "83950-74080 Airbag Indicator/Warning Lamp Telltale (TypeB)"
Most of the plasticky bits are already on their way from a Japanese retailer.

IMG_0950.jpg

Hi and welcome to the world of iQ ownership Bakkus.  Lovely looking iQ and really like those seats too.  Can you please let me/us know how the install goes and what's involved of fitting the new radio/console install. I've been thinking of doing the same myself but funds are a bit low at the moment with other 'projects' for the iQ on the goe.

Best Wishes, Gerry, Cornwall, UK

• Like 1

Hello and welcome, nice looking car :)

Looking forward to your mods.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2017 at 10:26 PM, Soeley said:

Hello and welcome, nice looking car :)

Looking forward to your mods.

I was doing some light research before I bought my car, and I have to say that yours is one of the things that made me take the plunge!
Eggsy is going to be heavily influenced by your tweaks, at least in the beginning.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2017 at 10:08 PM, Kuneha said:

I really like the differences between this and my older 2010.

What are the differences that catch your eye?

10 hours ago, bakkus said:

I was doing some light research before I bought my car, and I have to say that yours is one of the things that made me take the plunge!
Eggsy is going to be heavily influenced by your tweaks, at least in the beginning.

Thank so much for the compliment, I don't think I'll get my head through the door now :kicking:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bakkus said:

What are the differences that catch your eye?

The seats look much more premium.

The interior colour looks better in that it'll probably not show the scrathes as much as my plum colour does.

You have little door handles that help you open the door better.

I believe you have provisions in the rear to stop the rear seat belts from rattling.

Those seats do look nice......

Bit of progress on sourcing parts today!

I was able to buy the lights assembly from this webshop: http://toyotaoriginal.com/
Their web page isn't exactly fancy, but they were pretty quick on keeping their promises and the part arrived just fine and in no time at all.

So that looks like the trickies part sourced, now waiting for some more to arrive from https://www.amayama.com/en

After that, thing will have to be put on hold for a little while, while cash flow improves.

box.jpg

piece.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/18/2017 at 2:44 PM, Kuneha said:

The seats look much more premium.

The interior colour looks better in that it'll probably not show the scrathes as much as my plum colour does.

You have little door handles that help you open the door better.

I believe you have provisions in the rear to stop the rear seat belts from rattling.

Those seats do look nice......

Hi Kuneha, On this forum, way back , is an article by Tarquin where he replaced his door trim that fits around the window and door/window lock buttons as seen in Christian's last and second to last pictures -from his first entry above.

If link above does not work, copy this- http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/135559-retrofit-door-grab-handle-from-interior-type-doors/

Also, this is from the page above-

Lots of photos from David -Tarquin (See David's very helpful pictures)

Posted April 18, 2012

Part Numbers are - (Bear in mind, this was in 2012, prices could be more)

1 X T74231-74030-E0 Panel £10.86 + Vat

1 X T74232-74030-E0 Panel £11.62 + Vat

2 X T4223-12130-E1 Plug £0.44 each £0.88 + Vat

Total inc Vat £28.32

David

The actual article is earlier than the one with the link, maybe you can find that.

Regards, BobH.

By the way-  The parts used by Tarquin may not match the colour of your interior, make sure before ordering. Using the numbers above Mr T should be able to get the correct colour. Just saying. :wink:

Kuneha, to answer another question of yours, see below.

Seatbelt Stuffings 1 Smaller.jpgSeatbelt Stuffings 2 Smaller.jpgDsci0047 Smaller.jpgDsci0048 Smaller.jpg

Just inside the hatch, see pics attached. As you can see, there are two ways of doing this, but I recommend the 'stuffings' pics with the seatbelt stuffed into the whole where it comes from- Ouch! Seriously, the other one in the last two pics is not as secure. It is rare for us to have to re-stuff them into that hole.

Regards, BobH.

Didn't even occur to me to have a look at those.
This is how the rear seatbelt latches are on Eggsy:

2017-03-02 15.12.36.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hello Bakkus

I know it is quite late since your first post.  I am also trying to convert my IQ audio system to a DOUBLE DIN system.  But it has been a difficult task to secure the required parts for the conversion.

Can you please indicate the sources for purchasing the parts so that I can make contact with the suppliers?

regards

Jim

Toyota_iQ_dash.jpg

scion-iq-dashboard.jpg

Toyota_iQ_parts.jpg

I replied to your post the other day the picture above is all the factory part number plus you need the double din adapter

From the Celsus site..........................  http://www.celsusice.co.uk/shopdisp_5121.php

Technical Tip:
For cars without navigation additional parts are required from Toyota to fit a aftermarket radio.

Top SatNav Dash Cover
55414-74020-B1

Inner SatNav Dash Cover
55422-74010-C0

Replacement Dash Middle (Outer/Top)
55412-74020-B0

Replacement Dash Middle (Inner/Bottom)
55416-74020-C0

Lower Dash Structure
86211-74020 (Left)

86212-74020 (Right)

Airbag Indicator