Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sunroof not operating

Alex-avensis

Hi again,

this is an old problem, in fact I had forgotten all about it until now. The electric sunroof on my 97` Avensis stopped operating years ago. The glass part sometimes sinks a little to under the roof line but I just push it up from the inside. If I do attempt to open it, there is a minute movement and a little whirr from the motor but that`s it. Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Alex,

Mine still worked but I only used it in tilt mode. They go very early in their life. I stopped sliding it, just in case it broke. I had to help it along. I used silicon grease which helped. I just used the air-con which worked well up to the day I sold the car. The sun roof was the worse thing about the car, and it stole headroom too. Don't have it on my current car and don't miss it either.

Konrad

You Have to remove the motor and check the gears. Probably they are broken

Enviado desde mi SM-G355M mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1

I read up a few year back that the whole mechanism distorts. The fix is a complete strip down and repair, using the right lubrication. Then the reset process. 

Here some posts regarding sunroof/moonroof  issues:-

Mine mostly worked but I only used the tilt function. The slide mode is more trouble. Unless you have the skill/resources/money and the fault can be traced to an easy fix, I would not bother. 

This is why I left mine alone (apart from greasing the runners), and my current car does not have a sun/moon roof. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links