Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New car - old and new problem

aCactus

Picked up my new dynamic hybrid this morning and as part of the handover tried to put my home address as a destination on the sat nav. Full postcode was accepted but then it would not accept house number as required first number greyed out. Looks like the software has the same fault as the Prius as last houses in the postcode on both sides of the road are missing.

New problem - I ordered the optional spare wheel but it was not in the car as different plastic moulding has to be fitted and none available - might arrive on the 12th.

Do you need to update your profile from the Prius Plug In?

57 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Do you need to update your profile from the Prius Plug In?

I was waiting to take a suitable avatar picture - might get one now while I try and pair my phone having read some of the manual....

Edit

Phone paired and photo taken - very shiny paintwork show lots of reflections so might try again with a proper camera with the sun in a different position to try and show the metallic paintwork.

Edited by aCactus
New photo for avatar

Second problem with sat nav - tried using poi and as an easy option decided to try and find local Tesco. It found several so I chose the nearest, all seemed well until I got close to the store then noticed that last part of the route displayed, it was taking me to Cheddar Close which is close to the store but it is an access road to some flats and a short walk from the store via a pedestrian access - need to go along two other roads to get to the store. Google gives the store an address on Allerton Road that corresponds to the vehicular access so I don't understand how Toyota have got this wrong.

cheddar.JPG

Believe Toyota use a bespoke version of TomTom mapping - so probably an issue with the info provided by TomTom

I thought that the maps were provided by Here but that the RealTime Traffic info was by Tomtom?

TomTom partnered with Toyota to develop the mapping for the Touch2 systems.They also provide the mapping for Mazda, Apple, Uber, etc

The actual mapping is provide by Here. http://telematicsnews.info/2016/05/19/toyota-chooses-here-maps-for-touch-2-with-go-multimedia-ma7193/

Certainly Tomtom are involved in the system - as I said Touch 2 with Go uses Tomtom for real time traffic info.

The T2 with Go online search offers users a choice of search provider - Google, Here or Tomtom.

The postcode problem was in my 2013 Prius so that predates Here being involved if they only started providing mapping in 2016. Most web sites that require an address ask you to enter postcode then give pick list of house numbers, I have never had a problem with these lists as they have always included my house, the problem only seems to exist within the Toyota Touch system as the previous system in my RAV4 worked.

Here also provide the mapping for the previous Touch & Go system as well as Touch 2 with Go.

The Quick Reference Guide for T2 with Go from April 2015 mentions Here.

Next problem - fitting Dashcam. Looked for 12v socket and found USB port, consulting the manual found 12v socket is under armrest. My Prius had one there and there was a slot to allow a cable to exit when the top was closed but not in the C-HR. Fortunately my Nextbase camera uses a standard mini usb socket for its input so tried getting power from usb only to find it did not produce enough power to run the camera. Looks like I will have to make a direct connection to one of the fuse boxes.

Edit

Problem solved by paying Halfords to hard wire dash cam to fuse box. All wires neatly tucked behind trim, slight drawback due to fittings supplied by Nextbase the fuse box cover will not fit - not really a problem as on RHD cars the interior fuse box is behind another removable panel so leaving the top off is not a hazard but possible rattles from the top that is now in the glove box (just need to put a cloth in there to keep things quiet).

Edited by aCactus
Update to latest problem

On 03/03/2017 at 10:08 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Believe Toyota use a bespoke version of TomTom mapping - so probably an issue with the info provided by TomTom

I have now downloaded both of the full manuals from the Toyota site and find on page 2 of the C-HR_NAVI_Europe_OM10545E.pdf manual "The system is developed by “Harman International” using “HERE” maps."

While on the Toyota site I did try and update my car, easy to delete the prius but system would not recognise reg number for C-HR so entered the vin which it did accept but then wanted details from the V5 which I do not have.

4 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

was it the model code that it wanted? If so https://www.toyota-tech.eu/FindYourModelCode.aspx

First part of version code was required, fortunately V5 came in today's post so have now got car added to my Toyota. Next problem was registering multi media, I thought that it was possible to download car ID to usb as I seem to remember doing that with my Prius but couldn't find option so had to write it down and enter manually. There is supposed to be an option to upload it from the car but I couldn't get it to connect to my wifi.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the spare wheel that I ordered with the car, phone call yesterday from dealer to say parts had arrived so went to get them fitted today. Quick look to see if I now had a jack and found boot floor now higher which is not really a problem but also noticed rubber mat that came as part of the protection pack no longer fits properly due to different shape of plastic trim at rear of boot that was changed to fit spare wheel. Poor bit of design and another little problem that should not happen.

While there I also had the volume of the parking sensors reduced as this customisation feature is a dealer only change - must be a reason why they don't go through these options as part f the handover process!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links