Do Not Sell My Personal Information

which generation of Yaris to buy

Shid786

I am in the process of purchasing my first Yaris. My budget is £2000. I wanted to know which generation to buy for reliability ie 1999 to 2005 model or 2006 model onwards. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

The 1999 - 2005 models are really quite old now though I think they're still famed for their reliability.

I got my D-4D Yaris 6 months ago (1st gen, 2005) with just 33k miles on the clock and it's been fantastic so far.

I think if you look for a well-looked after example, a late 1st gen would do you better on reliability alone. If it's low mileage, make sure services are completed on a time basis, rather than just mileage. I think £2k will get you a really neat example as mine cost just a tad more than that.

Think rather than rule either out, the condition of individual vehicles will be more important.

• Like 1

Jap built all the way. Mk1 Yaris SR or T sport just make sure they've been looked after.

I don't think you can go wrong with any model year. I can only repeat what everyone else has said - look for an example that has been well maintained.

Go for 1st generation MK1 yaris. It is well-known for its reliability. My 2001 yaris has 478k KM's on its odo and it is still going strong without any major swaps.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all.my 2001 t-sport over the last five years has behaved perfectly.servicing and at last two front tyres is all it has needed.fully recomended.

We had both mk1 and mk2 and they were both reliable, granted the mk2 had a few recall work done which can be annoying having to take your car into the garage all the time but other than that there were no problems, we found the mk2 better for space and comfort and doesn't seem to have dated like the mk1. Just my thoughts for what they're worth. :)