Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2017 Toyota Yaris - prices and specifications

FROSTYBALLS

Choice of two petrol engines (1.0 litre and 1.5 litre) and hybrid (1.5 litre). 

No diesel option

On sale from 1st May 2017.

Brochure available on Toyota GB website.

Thanks for that Frosty.

On the blog in the link you posted it says the car is on sale now in the uk?

Just read the blog, the Excel doesnt come in a CVT only engine, bit disappointing over that.

Difficult to tell the difference from the current model. Small changes apart from the engine. At last it appears to have a engine temperature gauge. Bit of a non event.

Only a facelift of the existing model, which is probably short term before,a genuinely new model comes out - possibly using Toyota's TNGA.

I did read someplace that it would be 2019

On 3/25/2017 at 10:37 AM, negativepitch said:

Just read the blog, the Excel doesnt come in a CVT only engine, bit disappointing over that.

Get the Hybrid version - you'll love it!

6 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Get the Hybrid version - you'll love it!

We are looking at keeping the car very long term, wont the Battery need changing at some point?

Is that your car in your avatar? does it have the panoramic roof?. if so, how far back does it go.

How long is "very long term"? If you get a Hybrid Health Check every year the main battery will stay in warranty for 10 years.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/hybrid-health-check.json

Considering some of the Priuii taxis have clocked up some 300,00 miles on the original Battery. I would say no need to worry, as Scott says hybrid health check will keep your Battery warranty going for long enough. As one owner said, the only time you would need a Battery is, when you run out of fuel and keep driving until the car stops.

2 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

How long is "very long term"? If you get a Hybrid Health Check every year the main battery will stay in warranty for 10 years.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/hybrid-health-check.json

Looking at around 8 to 10 years so thats good news.

Looking at around 8 to 10 years so thats good news.

Even the 12v Battery should last longer than a standard petrol or diesel car, as the Battery just powers up the electronics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd think so, but we've had quite a number of people whose 12v gots discharged after 2-3 weeks of non-use; We suspect it's because the 12v in the hybrids is smaller than normal, but it has to support more electronics in the ECU, esp. things like keyless entry etc.

I still don't get why they don't use a lithium pack for the 12v in the hybrids... it's not like it needs the high amp draw of a lead-acid Battery (Which is pretty much the only advantage it has over a lithium pack)

On 3/27/2017 at 7:07 AM, negativepitch said:

We are looking at keeping the car very long term, wont the battery need changing at some point?

Is that your car in your avatar? does it have the panoramic roof?. if so, how far back does it go.

As others have said, the Battery pack should last a long time, and has a 10 year warranty **if properly maintained** (hybrid healthcheck when required, part of regular servicing). :cool:

Yes, the pic is the same as my car. Inside, the glass roof extends all the way back from the sun visor in the front (retracted position) to overhead the rear passengers. In terms of width, there is enough room for the overhead hand grips before the edge of the roof lining. There is a lot of glass! :D  

Externally, the whole roof from the windshield back to just in front of the aerial is glass. It looks almost like one huge piece of glass, and the tint of roof contrasts nicely with the white paint. It looks very distinctive from the front.

I'm quite tall, but to give an idea for how much glass there is, the front part of the roof lining is large enough to lose the sun behind on a bright day, but looking either above or below will allow you see it. I find it is positioned such that I don't need the sun visor that much during the day (more in the evening). The sun is generally not a problem. The car is warmed by pretty much any direct sunlight. I'm not sure how this compares to models without the glass roof, but compared to other makes of car, it feels warmer during the day.

I have found that pretty much as soon as the sun sets (on clear days) you can feel the temperature drop pretty quickly. At night (especially clear nights) it helps to close the roof blind as the cabin feel a bit cooler with them open (in summer this isn't so noticable). I thought at first this was psychological, but I did some tests and I don't think it is.

Winter doesn't seem nearly as cold as I thought it might - keep the roof blinds closed at night and let the cabin get warm and it's not a problem. Clearing the roof of snow makes a huge difference to cabin temps! I clear it of ice, too. This also makes a difference.

Even in winter, during day time, the cabin doesn't really feel that cold with the blinds open.

Is it worth the money? Hell yes! I'd miss it for sure. I'll get some pics later.

Not to forget how light the cabin is! You don't feel like you're in a car!

As for noise, it is surprisingly quiet. I don't notice any increase in sound from either traffic or wind as a result of the roof (the car is very good regarding wind anyway, I think owing to its aerodynamics - I have a hard time knowing it is windy except for steering angles to keep the car on the road, and wind noise is virtually non-existent).

If you like a white car, the Glacier Pearl White is great! It has a distinct shine in the sunlight, and looks very white at night (solid white cars look cream-colored next to it). It's definitely a color you need to see for yourself.

The 'on sale' of the revised Yaris has been brought forward one week to 24th April - previously 1st May.

Wonder if stocks of the existing model are low due to more people buying to miss the new VED system ......

4 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

As others have said, the battery pack should last a long time, and has a 10 year warranty **if properly maintained** (hybrid healthcheck when required, part of regular servicing). :cool:

Yes, the pic is the same as my car. Inside, the glass roof extends all the way back from the sun visor in the front (retracted position) to overhead the rear passengers. In terms of width, there is enough room for the overhead hand grips before the edge of the roof lining. There is a lot of glass! :D  

Externally, the whole roof from the windshield back to just in front of the aerial is glass. It looks almost like one huge piece of glass, and the tint of roof contrasts nicely with the white paint. It looks very distinctive from the front.

I'm quite tall, but to give an idea for how much glass there is, the front part of the roof lining is large enough to lose the sun behind on a bright day, but looking either above or below will allow you see it. I find it is positioned such that I don't need the sun visor that much during the day (more in the evening). The sun is generally not a problem. The car is warmed by pretty much any direct sunlight. I'm not sure how this compares to models without the glass roof, but compared to other makes of car, it feels warmer during the day.

I have found that pretty much as soon as the sun sets (on clear days) you can feel the temperature drop pretty quickly. At night (especially clear nights) it helps to close the roof blind as the cabin feel a bit cooler with them open (in summer this isn't so noticable). I thought at first this was psychological, but I did some tests and I don't think it is.

Winter doesn't seem nearly as cold as I thought it might - keep the roof blinds closed at night and let the cabin get warm and it's not a problem. Clearing the roof of snow makes a huge difference to cabin temps! I clear it of ice, too. This also makes a difference.

Even in winter, during day time, the cabin doesn't really feel that cold with the blinds open.

Is it worth the money? Hell yes! I'd miss it for sure. I'll get some pics later.

Not to forget how light the cabin is! You don't feel like you're in a car!

As for noise, it is surprisingly quiet. I don't notice any increase in sound from either traffic or wind as a result of the roof (the car is very good regarding wind anyway, I think owing to its aerodynamics - I have a hard time knowing it is windy except for steering angles to keep the car on the road, and wind noise is virtually non-existent).

If you like a white car, the Glacier Pearl White is great! It has a distinct shine in the sunlight, and looks very white at night (solid white cars look cream-colored next to it). It's definitely a color you need to see for yourself.

Thanks for taking the time for all of that.

Is the roof blind manual or electric?

We are used to have a panoramic roof as we used to have a nissan QQ

I wondering when they should be having them in the showrooms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The 'on sale' of the revised Yaris has been brought forward one week to 24th April - previously 1st May.

Should be in the showrooms 24th

On the Yaris they're manual. They meet half-way, and the rear blind is easily accessible from the front seat (though I am quite tall!). Works very well.

I'll post some pics tomorrow!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I hope not too late to be of use! I've been busier than expected so not had a chance to get any photos for you. I hit Google, and found this. This is pretty much what it looks like if you're sat in the rear passenger seat. The glass terminates just above the passenger. As you can see looking forward, the glass covers a very good area, and if you look at the front where the sun visors are, you can see that there isn't much headliner between the roof glass and the windshield.

The result is a very light and airy feeling cabin. I'm not sure what the new new (sic) Yaris is like in this regard, but I can only hope it is the same or better!

New-Toyota-Yaris-sunroof.jpg

...though the driver demonstrates perfectly how a hybrid is not to be driven.

Thanks for all the replies and the video

If thats the case with the video driving, I guess the hybrid is not for me :biggrin:

You can drive a Hybrid like that, but fuel economy will be rubbish! Also it doesn't do much for engine life, either, as unlike a conventional car, the engine is running at high RPM for longer during hard acceleration.

Max acceleration:

Conventional car: 40 MPH @ 3000 RPM up to 6000 RPM as you accelerate

Hybrid: 40 MPH @ 5000 RPM constantly until you stop accelerating.

I'm not sure of exact RPM on the Hybrid, but that is pretty much the situation.

Looking at the web page for the new Yaris. non hybrid. 77 b.h.p. from the 1.5 engine. Surely its got more power than that. Hate to drive it on a motorway or anywhere else for that matter.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links