Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Toyota Yaris - prices and specifications

FROSTYBALLS

The 1.0 litre produces 68bhp, the 1.5 petrol produces 111bhp and the 1.5 hybrid produces 100bhp

It is wrong.

So looking at the new configurator, theres no option for a panoramic roof which was a deal braker for me as we are used to having one on two of our past cars.

I've just looked at configurator, and a panoramic roof is certainly available on the Excel and Design ........

I must have gone straight past that Mike.

Where abouts is it under?

https://www.toyota.co.uk/car-configurator/yaris#carconfig/exterior/09a6531a-c3f1-4d2d-b4d3-eb45cbb35478/7ea481d7-255e-4746-80ca-2a3bc8b18308

Scroll down to Options, and panoramic roof is the first listed - £495

Same applies to the 1.5 petrol, non-hybrid

• 4 weeks later...

Had nobody test driven or received theirs yet? Any feedback? 

On 16/05/2017 at 1:50 PM, bob-the-builder22 said:

Had nobody test driven or received theirs yet? Any feedback? 

I've test driven one and mine is being delivered on the the 24th of July apparently.

Seemed to be a lovely little car, was pretty spritely around town, getting up to speed to join the motorway will take a little getting used to as I felt I was flogging the poor thing.

Overall though it was a very good drive.

That's great news, did you go for the hybrid? Do you know if the digital screen in the middle of the instrument cluster can display the speed? 

15 minutes ago, bob-the-builder22 said:

That's great news, did you go for the hybrid? Do you know if the digital screen in the middle of the instrument cluster can display the speed? 

Yes I've gone for the hybrid and yes it does. You can get lots of data on there, energy management, speed, direction of travel etc.

That's great, thanks glad it has the speed as I use that q lot on my current car.

What's it like on the motorway, I will be doing a lot of motorway miles and I've read poor reviews for refinement and wondered if it was really that bad? 

6 minutes ago, bob-the-builder22 said:

That's great, thanks glad it has the speed as I use that q lot on my current car.

What's it like on the motorway, I will be doing a lot of motorway miles and I've read poor reviews for refinement and wondered if it was really that bad? 

Hmm it seemed okay. I only had it on the motorway for a couple of minutes but it did fine. Got up to speed but once there seemed to settle nicely.

thought it had 110hp as even my 1.33 has 99hp

2 minutes ago, monkeydave said:

thought it had 110hp as even my 1.33 has 99hp

The non hybrid 1.5 litre engine model has 110bhp.

On 2017-4-20 at 5:01 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

The 1.0 litre produces 68bhp, the 1.5 petrol produces 111bhp and the 1.5 hybrid produces 100bhp

The 'new' 1.5 is a re-work of the 1.33 and produces 111bhp in non-hybrid form.

• 2 weeks later...

Note that the Yaris Hybrid is probably the fastest non-EV supermini on the market in the 0-31mph (0-50kph) stakes, at 4 seconds - similar to the Renault Zoe. The maximum torque is around 200 ft lbs - more than the BMW i3! In the damp, with full power, I get wheelspin from zero mph and wheelspin again when the petrol engine cuts in a second or 2 later.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/04/2017 at 8:43 AM, YarisHybrid2016 said:

As for noise, it is surprisingly quiet. I don't notice any increase in sound from either traffic or wind as a result of the roof (the car is very good regarding wind anyway, I think owing to its aerodynamics - I have a hard time knowing it is windy except for steering angles to keep the car on the road, and wind noise is virtually non-existent).

I beg to disagree over the road noise, our 65 Yaris Hybrid Sport is very noisy on motorways at 70, it does have a lot to do with the road surface though, modern tarmac is far quieter but there are very few places where there is a descent stretch of road. Mind you I am comparing it to my Lexus RX which is much quieter. It's a pity they haven't patched in the pre collision warning system into the cruise control to offer adaptive cruise.

Still no one received their new yaris? Mine is due at the end of this month! Will let you know what I make of it once it arrives

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bob-the-builder22 said:

Still no one received their new yaris? Mine is due at the end of this month! Will let you know what I make of it once it arrives

No mines due around the 20th of next month. I can't wait!

What would be really good is if Toyota had a build tracker on their website so you could see the progress of your order. I don't want to bother the dealer every few weeks for dates etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year Toyota GB were going to have an order tracker on the website, but as far as I'm aware it never went live.

Mine is due on 30th June. I hope there won't be any delays.

• 2 weeks later...

Look what turned up today! 

IMG-20170628-WA0005.jpeg

• Like 2