Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Toyota Yaris - prices and specifications

FROSTYBALLS

Bob what sort of mpg to get around the town? I know it's still early because of tight engine and all but I'm just curious. Mine does 40 at the moment. 

Jealous! How're you liking them so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it. Could drive it all day long ;)

On short journeys around town getting 45mpg ish, longer town journeys around 50-55mpg. Slow motorway runs (50-70mph) getting 60mpg  and fast motorway runs (75-80mph) getting 50mpg. Still early days only done around 300 miles so may improve. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, vivalacoulter said:

Jealous! How're you liking them so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im liking it overall, I am in the process of writing a review for it which should be up in the next few days :-)

9 hours ago, bob-the-builder22 said:

Im liking it overall, I am in the process of writing a review for it which should be up in the next few days :-)

Brilliant, looking forward to the read!

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2017 at 9:05 PM, bob-the-builder22 said:

On short journeys around town getting 45mpg ish, longer town journeys around 50-55mpg. Slow motorway runs (50-70mph) getting 60mpg  and fast motorway runs (75-80mph) getting 50mpg. Still early days only done around 300 miles so may improve. 

I think it's the same power and drivetrain as the previous model. Based on what I've seen from mine so far (Gen 3), it's very tight for the first thousand or so, then loosens up over the next 20000 to 30000 miles (mine is at 19k and still improving). Around the 15k mark I started to be able to get high 70s on my regular 15 mile run, and now I can get low 80s on good days.

The amount of power required to hold 30 MPH in EV mode is noticably reduced, combined with improvement in how much EV range it now has (witnessed by dropping into EV mode more often). This also helps significantly with fuel economy.

I'm also finding it nearly impossible to spot the fuel gauge moving. I'm also definitely filling it up less, too. I filled it to half tank* two weeks ago and have done 220 miles and the fuel light still hasn't illuminated yet.

* I put in 15 L, and the fuel gauge showed 50%, which is actually slightly less than half, as from FULL, I can get about 100 miles before it starts moving.

8 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Based on what I've seen from mine so far (Gen 3),

Same generation - the 'new' model is a facelift.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

What are the chances of finding a latest-facelift model pre-April 2017 registered (therefore VED-free) Yaris Hybrid in the UK?

I've come across a couple of Excel models, I'm after Icon/Icon Tech

10 minutes ago, exim said:

What are the chances of finding a latest-facelift model pre-April 2017 registered (therefore VED-free) Yaris Hybrid in the UK?

According to Honest John, the most recent facelift went on sale in the UK in March 2017.

However, an earlier post within this topic stated an on sale date of 1st May 2017.