Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Natural upgrade after an iQ?

Kuneha

I was at car giant today and had a look around a 2013 Yaris Hybrid. I thought the outside looked smart but the interior is far behind what we find in our iQ. I was really disappointed with the design and overall finish.

So I was thinking maybe the Lexus CT200h?

Which cars are you guys considering for after your iQ?

I've been thinking about changing my 2014 IQ2 CVT too and can't find anything to replace it. Drove a Aygo/C1/107 robotized auto which was jerky and the car noisey inside and basic. I've decided to keep it up till 5 year warranty runs out. Only thing I do  sometimes want is more room. E.g. had to get girl friend to run me to shops to buy a curtain pole. Other than that it does what I want. When I booked it into Toyota for service I mentioned they'd shot themselves in the foot by stopping the IQ and the adviser mentioned all IQ drivers say the same.

I find so many other cars to be a downgrade over the iQ for some reason. The Lexus CT200h seems to be the only thing I can find with a nice interior and is nearly as cheap to run other than insurance.

Nothing else by Toyota comes close. I wouldn't drive an Aygo knowing the iQ exists. Just want something as cool as the iQ but as luxurious and more smooth to drive.

Well.. I say as luxurious.. The interior of the iQ doesn't exactly have premium materials but the design is pretty sweet. Just getting tired of the 3 pot engine.

Couldn't afford to buy a new Yaris outright. I was considering an Audi A1 but would rather stick with something that has the Toyota DNA.

Seems the CT200h is the only option. £9,000-£10,000 seems to buy a low mileage 2011-2012 example.

If I had to go out and replace my iQ tomorrow, I really do not know what I would go for? One on my constraints is size, I need to be able to get it in my garage which also is home to my old Mini, so even a Aygo to too long. I think I would have to look at the Smart. I do think the new ones look good, but have only ever seen one in passing, so don't know what the interior, engine & gearbox is like?

Well My finance on my 2013 IQ3 completes in 14 months so I will be looking for a replacement.

And until very recently I was going to stay with Toyota but after a Very BAD experiance with my local dealer ( Peterborough ) I think I will be looking at other makes.

I have test drove a VW Up and a Skoda Citygo, the only two cars that come anywhere close to the IQ and I was left wanting.

I have now resigned my self to getting a bigger car and saying goodby to my second IQ,

The Ct200, being Auris based, is a far larger car than the IQ.

Unfortunately in the cold light of day, it was low sales volumes that killed both the Scion and Toyota IQ. In the UK, even in it's best year for sales (2009), it was outsold by the Aygo by 193%, and as sales of the IQ continued to fall, this gap widened. 

Nor am i

She's staying

nothing to touch an iq that i can see.

• Like 2

One alternative may be the Vauxhall/Opel Adam

I was trying a whole heap of cars before buying my '12 IQ2, and I'd say the VW Up! comes closest. If you kit it out a bit, that is. With the leather seats and the "moon roof" or whatever they call it, it's quite a good car.

The Skoda CitiGo just had an all-round "cheap" feel to it.

15 minutes ago, Iceman1701 said:

Has anyone tried the Kia Picanto as a comparison 

Little point currently as there is a new model due in May.

Yes, but there's the rarity value!! Only a couple of hundred (or fewer) Cygnets were made (adapted) from iQs by Aston Martin

I've often thought about this myself.

I don't like anything from Germany, just find Audi's, VW, Mercedes etc. bland and boring and they are everywhere. I can go weeks without seeing another iQ but every other car on the road these days is a blasted Golf!

My partner has a 2012 Yaris Hybrid and we have just returned from holiday where I drove it a good few hundred miles and it's a lovely car to drive. Very smooth, quiet and far superior ride to the iQ. Doesn't feel as lively as my 1.33 iQ though but maybe that's just a heavier car and a CVT transmission making the difference. Do miss the iQ turning circle as well.

I do like the look of the Lexus CT200h but you need to find the right one as some are quite basic with no touch screen hybrid display. 

I was expecting the price of the Cygnets to drop like a stone but they haven't yet. Some of them have simply awful interiors though!

If Toyota made a Yaris 3 door hybrid I'd have one of them next but all the hybrids are 5 door. I don't need 5 doors and prefer the look of the 3 door version. Guess I could buy one of each and swap all the hybrid car into a 3 door body Shell:biggrin:

Craig.

I have to say that I love driving the iQ and my plan is to run it into the ground. I find Japanese cars to be the most reliable by far having had several Mitsubishis, and I currently have an Outlander PHEV as a company car. The iQ is my first Toyota and I'm not disappointed. I'd only swap it if/when they come out with a similar footprint electric car with a decent range at a reasonable price......so I can't see the iQ going any time soon.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2017 at 11:55 AM, craggle said:

I was expecting the price of the Cygnets to drop like a stone but they haven't yet. Some of them have simply awful interiors though!

Craig.

I doubt the Cygnets will drop much Craig. If anything they will rise in value. As far as I heard they only ever made 150 of them before calling it a day, so they are rarer than gold plated hens teeth even in Aston Martin circles... :blink:

I went from a 2010 iQ3 to a 2014 Aygo and do miss the iQ at times. In particular its manoeuvrability and quality interior and features. That said, I get use out of the Aygo's DAB radio and integrated bluetooth that the iQ didn't have. Overall though, I think the iQ is much better quality.

I'm not in a position to change my car for a while anyway, but I don't know where I will go after the Aygo. If the iQ was still in production, I wouldn't rule out going back to one.

I forgot to mention the latest generation Smart Fortwo as a contender to replace my Aygo and as a replacement for the iQ. The latest Fortwo's shape even reminds me of the iQ and some models have a great spec.

I haven't entertained this idea as I absolutely adore my IQ1, I think they are rare enough to enjoy the 'uniqueness' feel, they are nippy and great fun to drive.

The Smart looks very very similar, but owning one of the original Smarts years ago, I find them very dated and small, not been inside a new looking one.

Every other car I see are Fiat 500's and they're as common as dog s@!7, so I won't be choosing them.

I don't think there is anything as quirky, attractive or modifiable as the IQ around to consider anything as a suitable replacement.

I hope that fateful day is many, many years ahead. I for one am keeping my IQ and enjoying it for a VERY long time.

Matt

• Like 2

I have a 2016 Smart Fortwo Proxy and I barely use it. I use the iQ 95% of the time.

Strangely enough I don't feel the rarity factor of the iQ when I drive it, a feeling I remember having when I used to own an old quad headlight toyota starlet turbo.

Could consider one of the DBA Mini Remastered -

http://www.davidbrownautomotive.com

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/789077/Mini-Remastered-David-Brown-Automotive-classic-car

- but it costs slightly more (£75-100,000)

• Like 1