Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 2016 Panoramic roof cracked !

Draco

Hi,

Unfortunately after just 4th m-c, I found crack on my panoramic roof ... 

Crack1.JPG

crack2.JPG

crack3.JPG 

now I'm waiting for replacement next week ... very unlucky 

any idea how it happened? I had some young toerags run along the top of my car but luckily the panoramic roof survived.

no idea :(

one way or another it shouldn't happen 

Just like a screen, they can take an impact and get damaged, very unlucky but it does happen :crybaby:

The problem with this type of damage is whether or not it has been caused by something hitting the roof, and proving or disproving that something has hit the roof.

Allied to that not all insurance companies include panoramic roofs in the glass cover they provide.

Cracked panoramic roofs are an issue for a lot of owners and affects models from most marques (Mercedes, Landrover, Kia, etc), and unfortunately quite a few owners have had to effect repairs at their own cost.

This damage wasn't made by impact but is a technical issue ... created by car body movement and the roof will be replaced under Toyota's warranty next week.

if you have a look closer the crack is coming form side of the car next to the back pillar from between two screws 

roof is changed ... after two days, with no charge (under warranty, including courtesy car).

unfortunately they don't know reason / root of damage (suspected car body movement - which is worried me a little because I really don't want come back to Toyota for roof replacement again !!! :mellow: 

• 5 weeks later...

Mine was also replaced yesterday, under warranty.

This is exactly why I will never buy a car with a silly (my opinion) glass roof! Not a nice thing to have happened though.

e.g. stone hits steel roof, a bit of paint chips off, easy fix. Car body flexes a bit too much, steel roof flexes in sympathy. Stone hits glass roof, new roof. Car body flexes a bit too much, new glass roof.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Vauxhall have announced they are recalling Adam's fitted with panoramic roofs, as the adhesive used may not last the lifetime of the vehicle. They have said it is possible the roofs may detach from the sides and come off completely.

The fix is to 're-work the adhesive'.

:blink:

I noticed mine has a tiny ??stone chip?? near the middle of the roof, but it seems to be extremely minor. I'm not sure if I need to get it looked at. It is so small I nearly dismissed it as a bit of stubborn muck until I ran my nail over it and found it went INTO the glass!

Any idea what these cost to replace?? I'm guessing possibly north of £1K?

• 3 weeks later...

something around £1K. but if you have a small stone chip maybe is worth to try repair instead of replaced panoramic roof ?

It's so small I can't even photograph it properly. It hardly looks to go into the glass at all, but it does as I can feel it with my nail.

I'm washing my car later today so I'll see if I can get a photo.