Do Not Sell My Personal Information

hard wiring

Grosvnr

how do i hard wire a dash cam into my new Aygo X-pression  2017 i have basic knowledge ,but i don`t know where the nearest  fuse box is situated ? the dash cam in question is a pi ddp m6 plus/wifi unit 

i would be happy for any response to this topic ....thank you 

Edited by Grosvnr
car title

Don't know in this respect how similar the new aygo's are to the old?!? (Mine's an '08)

I just used a "piggy back" fuse in the Speedo fuse box then a very short distance under the dash to the drivers a pillar then up and over to the dash cam...

(I also ran a line from that to the rear where I have another cam)...

thanks for your help but for time being i will use the 12v accessory port til i find more info..... ta mate 

Re Steve's suggestion how you considered taking a tap from the back of the lighter and an inline fuse to the cam

Del

The 12v socket was my plan, but the piggy back unit includes the fuse and it's a shorter distance from the instrument pod to the a pillar than from the 12v socket!!!

Mitch more elegant solution, but, when I hardwire an add on DAB, I'm thinking 12v socket, passenger side a pillar!!! ;-)

Have a look on youtube, there are a few DIY wiring instruction videos although as of yet I haven't found any for the Aygo. Personally I just plug mine in and ignore the wire hanging down in the middle as it doesn't obscure my vision.