Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0 petrol ultra low mileage Avensis - what items could I clean to prevent sluggish running?

hora

So I picked up a 2.0 auto petrol 08 Avensis last weekend and I'm very pleased. It feels very wafty,  toight' and nice to drive. 

I'm aware though that the previous owner did alot of short journeys (43,000miles total) so may be sluggish in parts/may benefit from some preventative maintenance? 

Any areas that I could focus on? Does it have a EGR valve? I've got a can of electrical contact cleaner, plenty of tools and I'm 'ok' at general car mechanics (hideous at DIY). 

Hi welcome to the forum . I would recommend giving the car a good service , pop a can of fuel system cleaner in the tank and take it for a good hard run to blow them cobwebs out . 

Clean your maf sensor and throttle body along with the pcv give it a good service if you can with genuine parts and oil.and as the other poster said fuel/injector cleaner (millers petrol ecomax).also take off Battery terms for 20-30mins to clear the memory.it will relearn your driving style and you just need to adjust your radio station 's again.

• Like 1

I wonder if the auto transmission fluid may need changing, on top of the servicing suggested?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links