Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leak in boot

monkeyboy3

On my 2006 Aygo - I used sealant on the high brake light and sealant on the two light clusters. Dried the boot out and left it for a while. Then check the boot after a few days of rain and can see there is water in the boot again - however I think I have found the leak in question which seems to be a small section at the bottom of the the boot seal. Just one little section. Somehow a little section of the inside part of the boot seal was trapped on the outside. No idea how that had happened but that would explain why water is getting in at that section. So I took a flat head screwdriver and forced apart the inside part of the boot seal as it was stuck against the outside part of the seal. Think I have solved it now but will not be putting the carpet etc back into the boot until I test it again. If water still gets in at this section I think its going to require a new boot seal. 

• 6 months later...

On 3/30/2017 at 2:02 PM, monkeyboy3 said:

Hi

I have a 2012 Aygo Fire.  There is water coming in to the boot, bottom drivers side.  I have attached photos.

I have so far applied silicone  round the light highlighted in red in the photo as I thought the water was getting in here, so I silconed, sprayed a hose over the light and no water.  Dried it all off and hosed the car again from the top of the car right side and water coming in, applied more silicone around the rubber trim as highlighted in the photos and hosed again, water still coming in.

Has anyone else had this problem or any suggestions where else it can be coming in from?  

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

I spent ages on this. Replaced seal on high brake light, rear lights, grommets either side above lights. Finally removed the seal all around the hatch opening, cleaned out the groove all the way round on the seal and then applied a new silicone bead into the seal and re-seated this onto the metalwork. The leak has completely gone now, Simon

the flaps under the bumper were destroyed on mine , not even close to sealing 

sadly its bumper off job to fix , which i guess alot of people cant be bothered with 

• 1 month later...

I had this problem in a previous Aygo. We had to pay for a new break light and seal which did sort the problem.

I now have a new Aygo, had it less than 6 months and my boot is absolutely soaked. I am so gutted. 

Good luck everyone. I'll let you know how I fair. Chances I won't have it sorted by Thursday. 

Remove the gasket and run a bead of sealant around the light and refit. Job done

As the car is only six months old, it should be sorted by a dealer under warranty, rather than the owner trying to cure it.

Ours is four years old now and has shown no sign of any leaks. Think this is the first second generation that I've heard of with leaks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, I’ve got the Toyota aygo 13, and I’ve had the same problem which a lot of use had however I haven’t managed to solve mine yet. I first found my leak up on the roof at the back of the boot where I found the leak was coming from my top bread light, I took that out and sealed it back on with silcone. I thought that was it until all the bottom of my boot both drivers side and passengers side was wet, it looked as tho the leak was coming from both rear lights as it was dripping in that area and both lights were condensated, so I bought two new lights which cost me £130.00 I put the new lights in and still nothing changed so I have put silicone all around my lights every gap I could see I filled. And still the water is finding it’s way in, i have now bought a boot seal to see it that will do it any good hopefully fingers crossed it works🤞 I think it’s such a big problem that is happening to a lot of the toyotas and this should be sorted through Toyota for free! But I got quoted 190 just to run a diagnostic on the leak!! That’s without actually fixing it! It’s so cheeky! So I’m going to try solve this myself! 

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2017 at 2:02 PM, monkeyboy3 said:

Hi

I have a 2012 Aygo Fire.  There is water coming in to the boot, bottom drivers side.  I have attached photos.

I have so far applied silicone  round the light highlighted in red in the photo as I thought the water was getting in here, so I silconed, sprayed a hose over the light and no water.  Dried it all off and hosed the car again from the top of the car right side and water coming in, applied more silicone around the rubber trim as highlighted in the photos and hosed again, water still coming in.

Has anyone else had this problem or any suggestions where else it can be coming in from?  

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Does anybody know if you get leaks from the hinges of Toyota aygo 2008 its leaking in from the top

You have now posted this in two places, please be specific, is it the front door hinges or tailgate hinges? 

• 5 months later...

I’ve just got a 2012 aygo a few weeks, my parents have the 2007 model that leaks. But it seems my 2012 model leaks even worse than the older one ! 

Only way is to work through the much documented fixes for this. Worth doing now while it gets a chance to dry out. Start with the high level brake light, back lights, vents etc. I did the lot and the car has stayed dry. Get all the wet boot carpet out to dry and you may need to raise the rear footwell carpet to dry out the underlay as its normally sopping wet.

Thanks Simon, I did the high level break lights yesterday, as-well as the other 2, i havent done the back vents as its seems there isnt any that lead to the outside that i can see, one got the the locking mechanism for the boot but nowhere else, would this be a case of taking the bumper off to find them ?

many thanks 

Yes, to do the vents you need to take the bumper off. You will then see them. They have a foam seal and often its turned to mush. Just clean it off and apply a generous helping of silicone to stick them to the car. Once you have done all of this you should have a dry boot. if not, get inside with someone applying a hose pipe on the back. I also found its good to rub some silicone grease into all the rubber seals (boot and doors).

So i've sealed the rear lights and top light , but sadly it still leaks ! Do i need to also but selant around the black rubber bung part ? Also since its still leaking around the top light do you think it's possibly the seal that has started to go ? 

many thanks 

Edan 

IMG_1461.jpeg

IMG_1459.jpeg

On 8/27/2021 at 6:51 PM, Edan said:

Do i need to also but selant around the black rubber bung part ?

I was only getting a leak in the back corner on the passenger side and sealing around that thing seems to have solved my problem.

• 2 weeks later...

So after many weeks of sealing and waiting for it to dry, the top lights no longer leak, however the car still leaks from what it looks like is the vents behind the bumper. 

Has anyone resealed these vents behind the bumper before ? if so, how did you manage to get the bumper off, as nothing on the internet seems to correspond to the way my aygos bumper is fitted ! 

many thanks

Edan. 

yes chances are the bumper flaps are leaking badly

plenty of details on youtube..its pretty easy to remove

• Like 1