Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glass needed Mk2 Hatchback

wedgehog

I know mate, don't worry I don't blame you for anything, you did tell him I would be happy to pay him for his kind offer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wedgehog said:

I know mate, don't worry I don't blame you for anything, you did tell him I would be happy to pay him for his kind offer?

To be honest, HE offered straight off the bat...

I forwarded your Email (expecting him to run with the ball :huh: ) and your exchanges, then, would cover all £bases :smile:

Bit in limbo ATM, m8

2sav

• Like 1

So then......

Where has 'Billy [the fish]' left your glass contact, as of today :wacko:

Sympathies m8

2sav

Hi mate, did you not see the PM I left you

/

1 hour ago, wedgehog said:

Hi mate, did you not see the PM I left you

Yes... (Hence 'Billy - the fish')

So we are stuck?? Our 'matey' is not going to stroll in & pick it up = empasse :mellow:

Where to now.............................

2sav

Ah I See, I didn't expect an answer to a pm in open forum. OK well we don't actually know that yet as he has not answered my email. now it may be that in itself is his answer. Unless he has said something to you?

• 4 weeks later...

Just for information in case anyone on the forum is interested, The bloke in Australia who said he would help me get the glass from there, has my glass, I sent him the money for it via paypal and had it shipped to his home. I have seen the Invoice showing he purchased it and he has sent me photo's of it.

Trouble is weeks and weeks are passing and despite emails from him saying what he is going to do, nothing is happening. First he was going to build a wooden box to ship it in, so I sent him $40 for wood, then he decided he couldn't do that. Then he said his neighbor had a box and sent me pictures of it, it's huge, with forklift feet! I Not wanting to pay hundreds of pounds to ship wood half way round the planet, studied the pictures and explained to him how he could simply remove the feet and shorten the height of the box, he said he would do that, weeks later he hasn't.

So then he says he will get his neighbor involved in converting the box, but to date nothing, and now of course he isn't answering my emails. Aren't people lovely :bangin:

C'mon.... The suspense is killing me/us.....

Woot Woot :laugh:

2sav

Just you I think mate, no one else is interested :wacko:

I know that some forums are more 'buzzing' than others.

RR is somewhat exercised by Photobucket, just atm :unsure: and A$ has a guy considering an MGB (14 pages!)....

Still, surely, the Toyota OC must have someone else appreciate the knee deep odure you have navigated to reach 'the promised land'....?..?..?

Go on..... Stick a rusty inner wing up, or droopy rear bumper :blink:

..... otherwise this sketch is simply a 'two hander' :ohmy:

Good on you m8

2sav :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Just to finish the thread, I managed to purchase a scrapper for parts so she is complete again, May I offer my sincere gratitude to member tooSavy for all his help and continued support throughout the search for the glass, He is a credit to this forum.

DSC06559

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Absolutely mate, bloke said "!Removed! hell it gets newer every time I see it"  :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...

OK finally, I have started on the other side, been a while I know, just to refresh, the other side of the car is ok but the paint has crazed. I have taken the front wing off, removed all the paint down to the epoxy primer, also I have removed all the paint on the passenger door and both have had the epoxy primer touched up and re-sprayed ready for top coats. 

I am starting stripping the rear door today.

DSC06785.JPG

DSC06787.JPG

DSC06789.JPG

DSC06791.JPG

Epic masking skills...... Paper with NO PRINT on it :ohmy:.

.... for your next trick we will see....  NO RUNS!

Excellent stuff monami :balloon:

2sav

• Like 1

Hi John, well thank you dear friend. Tell you what though, now I am older my hands hurt like hell from all the scraping and sanding. I did the rear door yesterday, just cleaned the old paint off, haven't re sprayed the epoxy yet, I will do the rear wing and that together, but I'm having a day off today to let my hands recover a bit :unsure:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been busy with other things for over a week, but got back to it and now the whole side has had the old paint removed and is ready for the epoxy primer to be touched up in places and then she will be ready for finish paint.

DSC06830.JPG

DSC06833.JPG

DSC06834.JPG

DSC06836.JPG

DSC06837.JPG

DSC06839.JPG

DSC06840.JPG

Don't know why I bother to be honest, I won't post any more on this car.

• Sad 1