Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 D-CAT MPG?

Paulq

Hi

I am currently considering coming back to the Toyota fold after some time away.  The car I am looking at is another 2.2 D-CAT Invincible Auto which has the spec I am after.  The only hesitation I have is about the mpg as having had one recently, even on a good run, the OBC was showing around 33 mpg. I had a number of issues with that car and moved it on and am not sure if I had a bad one.

Is this normal for that engine/gearbox combo?  Am not sure I could live with the cost of that.

Cheers.

I did but am not sure whether this is the 'V Matic' as that's the only auto listed on HJ's Real Mpg section.

Hi 

I have 2006 d-cat and over the year I've had it the MPG has gone from 33 to 27 but that could be because of a fault with the differential pressure sensor which im trying to replace. I would say 33mpg is about right.

with regards to faults, It would appear I have bought a donkey of one and it has had problem after problem which has soured my view of the Rav. It's a shame as for the 2 weeks it was working with no issues it was simply amazing.

1 hour ago, Paulq said:

I did but am not sure whether this is the 'V Matic' as that's the only auto listed on HJ's Real Mpg section.

you are misreading it, the link that Frosty gave is direct for a 2.2. Auto (34.7mpg) - I think that you are missing that & then looking down the page at the "more engines available" where not surprisingly the 2.2 Auto is not included as you are already on that page.

If you step back a page you get http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/toyota/rav4-2013 which includes the 2.2.

Unless you do high mileage and with all the scare mongering chit chat in the news headlines about desiel cars, why are you even considering a desiel !!!

I have a 2011 2.2 d cat auto since it was one year old and i NEVER get over 30mpg and that's with doing a few proper brim to brim calculations throughout the year and trying all different kinds of driving methods.

I love the car, but I'd never get another desiel, no matter what car manufacturer.

I'd change it in a heart beat if i could find a like for like petrol auto in the same spec and condition as mine and not lose money !!!

I have a 2.2 D-CAT Icon Auto - i.e. a car that is mechanically identical to the 2.2 D-CAT Invincible Auto. Over around 40,000 miles I have achieved an average of 38.2 mpg. Actual tank-by-tank consumption varies between 31.5 mpg and 43.8 mpg - not surprisingly consumption varies with the type of journey and how the car is driven. All measurements taken brim-to-brim.

I wouldn't trust the OBC reading - folk seem to have very different experiences of its accuracy - some good; some bad.

The economy of the 4.4 seems much better than the 4.3.5 with the  2.2 D-CAT Auto gearbox - either way, they are not the same ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links