Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Invincible Towbar

Mechman

Hi Folks. I am thinking of fitting a towbar to my Invincible. I want a detachable and preferably hidden behind the bumper when removed. Single electrics.

I am assuming that the bumper will require cutting but obviously would want this kept to the minimum. Any advice or information would be gratefully accepted.

Regards and thanks, Brian  

Hi, If you input your cars Reg' in this site it will tell you what tow bar is best for your car.

http://www.witter-towbars.com/#

Good luck. 

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for your response. Went on the site and they say they could not offer one to suit. They appear to stop at 2013.

At the moment I am thinking of the Westfalia with the vertical socket or the Witter which is horizontal and shows all the steel work below the bumper.

I like the neatness of the Westfalia.

Regards, Brian 

Try PF Jones web site. Lots of info on there. 

Thanks, I know of them. Regards Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get a towbar, I am about to buy a RAV4 Icon and will be needing one. 

Hi Keith, I have not at the moment, I only need it for occasional use with a small trailer. As I do not want the towbar to be stuck out all the time I will be going for a detachable. I was hoping for a completely hidden bracket as was the one on my SR. As the rear bumper travels a long way forward on the Invincible it will require a substantial hole to be cut but this appears to go for any bracket, fixed or detachable. I am looking at the Thule or the Westfailia and prices appear to be around sub £600 fitted with the correct electrics. In younger days I would have fitted it myself but time marches on. Dearest price was Toyota at around £720. Please note I was quoted single electrics. Harness and additional wiring could add another £100 for van electrics. Just an observation, the two I am looking at appear to remove the existing crash bar from behind the bumper and replace it with the bracket steel work. On others the bracket was under slung and was fully visible across the width of the vehicle. I do not know if this matters to you.    

Regards, Brian  

Thanks Brian

i have been given an estimate of £360 by Wigan Tow bars. He's a mobile fitter and is very good. My son used him.  It's a detachable with 13 pin electrics but I don't know what Brand. I phoned whilst on the dealers forecourt to get a contribution from them. Will be looking around when I get the car. 

Regards

Keith