Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What is the highest mileage IQ?

Adam Evans

Not quite 170,000 miles on my iq3 and my yaris cross has arrived, so i change them over next friday.what a motor she's been for the last  11 years i'll miss her.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wow, my own IQ3 has only done 58k, purchased 7 years ago at 14k. Can’t speak highly enough of this car, what’s gone wrong in 7 years? One headlight bulb, nothing else hehe. Plus 1 Battery and 2 sets of front tyres. Just changed the rears which were original so 58k on those. Thank you for the interesting posts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Will be finally changing to a Yaris Hybrid after owning my IQ3 from new - in December 2011 - now has 55,000 miles.

Saved my life twice in bad accidents, always fully repaired and as shiny as ever, just a few minor dents and alloy scuffs.

2 more months to go til I get the Yaris and had to have a windscreen replacements 3 weeks ago.

Beautiful car - wish they could do one as EV

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 10:17 AM, Janx1975 said:

Will be finally changing to a Yaris Hybrid after owning my IQ3 from new - in December 2011 - now has 55,000 miles.

Saved my life twice in bad accidents, always fully repaired and as shiny as ever, just a few minor dents and alloy scuffs.

2 more months to go til I get the Yaris and had to have a windscreen replacements 3 weeks ago.

Beautiful car - wish they could do one as EV

They did make an IQ EV, but i don't think we got it in the UK (if it was released at all)

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/iq/18534/toyota-iq-ev

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I purchased a 2012 scion iq new, and currently has 143,000 miles with only normal maintenance. No major issues. 
5,000 Mile oil changes. Replaced front struts at 120,000 miles because of crappy roads here in Indiana. Very happy with it. 
I expect to get to 200,000. Mostly short distance driving between 20-35 minutes city and country. 55-70 speed max on bypass but mostly 40-45 otherwise. 

Original exhaust still. Plugs done at 100,000,coolant at 120,000, Battery at 110,000 along with serpentine belt. 

Uses one quart oil between changes. 

Always serviced at dealership or local major 

service station for oil change. 
Average 34 mpg city. 

• Like 2

Toyota iq d4d.   diesel 2010.    640km still running like a dream 

• Like 2

a great little car , can't wait for the new electric one 

11 hours ago, jonibegood said:

Toyota iq d4d.   diesel 2010.    640km still running like a dream 

I should hope so with only 640km. Nearly brand new!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 10 months later...
31 minutes ago, Mckie1 said:

My 2009 IQ has just ticked over the 250,000 mile mark. 

IMG_5151.jpeg

...and you've still got over half a tank of petrol left!

• Haha 5

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. I'm considering buying an iQ for my daughter as her first car. It has a fresh MOT but has just passed 187k miles and been doing around 30k a year for the last few years. Would you put your money in a car like this? Are the engines good for it?

Some points from MOT History:

• Nearside Front Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement front pin/bush (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Rear Exhaust emits blue smoke during acceleration (8.2.1.2 (g))

Is the blue smoke common?

I wouldn’t have an issue - but it would depend on what ‘money’ is required.

The blue smoke would be a big no for me, it simply means the engine is burning oil. There are enough IQ’s for sale that don’t smoke.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2024 at 1:32 PM, alfamale said:

Hi everyone. I'm considering buying an iQ for my daughter as her first car. It has a fresh MOT but has just passed 187k miles and been doing around 30k a year for the last few years. Would you put your money in a car like this? Are the engines good for it?

Some points from MOT History:

• Nearside Front Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement front pin/bush (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Rear Exhaust emits blue smoke during acceleration (8.2.1.2 (g))

Is the blue smoke common?

I wouldn't buy it either. Blue smoke = burning oil. It's a weakness you don't need, because it's not the norm. Old cars have enough issues, without the worry of a potentially dodgy engine. What if your daughter forgets to top the oil up? BANG!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links