Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Confused

AygoTRD

When new tyres are fitted, the wheels need to be balanced. The images are weights used to balance the wheels. 

Removing them can cause vibration, which may increase with speed, and premature tyre wear.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

When new tyres are fitted, the wheels need to be balanced. The images are weights used to balance the wheels. 

Removing them can cause vibration, which may increase with speed, and premature tyre wear.

Perfect explanation! What's the easiest way to remove them as I'm trying to refurb my wheels

11 minutes ago, AygoTRD said:

Perfect explanation! What's the easiest way to remove them as I'm trying to refurb my wheels

Usually you'd get a flat bladed screwdriver and ping them off.

• Like 1

By the look of the second image, you also have some stick on weights on the inside of the rim. Could use an adhesive remover and blade to remove those.

After the refurbishment, get the wheels re-balanced.

• Like 2

Ugh! They are wheel weights but fitted by morons!

Those kind of weights are for steel wheels - Alloy wheels should have stick-on weights or you'll risk scratching up the rim surface!
And the clip on is supposed to go on the inside of the rim anyway, not the outside! (So a) you don't see it and b) if you kerb the wheel there's less risk of damaging the rim or tyre sidewall!)

• Like 2

• 6 months later...