Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Torque Sensor Zero Point Calibration.

Rich-Yaris

Hi Everyone.

I have a 2002 French built Yaris with electric power steering . The steering was very stiff and did not return to the centre so I have replaced the rack , steering column , steering motor ,steering ECU and also had the tracking set and checked. This has made it almost right but it still does not return to the centre although it returns most of the way now . I am thinking the Torque Sensor Zero Point Calibration needs to be done.

I have the instructions for doing this with SST wire but its for a later model as mine has no TS pin on the DLC3 connector . Does anyone please have the instructions for the SST wire operation for the earlier models , I suspect the instructions I have are for the 2007> model .

Many thanks in advance .

Hi, 

I have a 2004 1.3 French built Yaris which has the same problem. I would also be interested if anyone has these instructions.

Thanks

• 11 months later...

I have 2002 1.0 yaris with same problem as Rich-Yaris - did you get any resolution to the problem?

Hi Guys , yes I did have some success . Seems all you need to do is start the car and then go from lock to lock a few time ( as explained by a Toyota engineer to me ) . Needed to do it a few times , and then go for a drive . Yes it did help a lot BUT I tried another Yaris (2003) with the electric steering and to be honest it felt much the same .... Seems to be the way the electric power steering works .  Hope this helps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links