Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Malfunction!

Hoymay88

Anyone else have this problem?  Twice in less than 3 days! Not a happy bunny as car only done 500 miles! 

IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Not had the full list you've had there Linda, but I've had a "Radar sensor malfunction.." once which knocked out the cruse control as well and a "pre-collision detection malfunction..." once, like your first pic, but with a message to check radar sensor. The Radar error cleared when I stopped the car and switched it off and on again (I know, oldest IT trick in the book :blink: :laugh: ). The pre-collision error cleared after I left the car for the day parked where I park to go to work. Both days, it was very wet, in fact the day of the "pre-collision detection.." error it was snowing and very cold, so I'm watching when it rains in case it happens again which may hint to a problem with moisture getting into the sensors at front of the car. :dry:  

Hmm... what a shame. I think in any case, you should take it back to the dealer. It's always good to get these things logged in their records. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have had pre-collision system malfunction couple of times. First problem was just an error probably due to the rain water in front of the sensor because the problem was solved after I wiped it. Second one I had last night when I was driving while snowing. I wiped it but problem didn't go away and it showed 'PCS malfunction. See the dealer'. This morning there was no error message at all. I am going to see dealer anyway.

• 2 months later...

guys if I can help you here in europe we have aslo some problems Toyota dealers sugest to clean the toyota radar and the windsheld

Sometimes  it can be condensation  on the  inside  of the  windscreen  in front of camera obscuring  its view.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a specific warning if the camera is obscured - had it a couple of times due to recent snow/ice, so malfunction warning must be something else.

• 1 month later...

Car failed to start this morning so little jump start Battery used again to get things going but unlike last time I now have lots of malfunction warnings. Looks like I will have to go to dealer to get things checked/reset but more worrying given current weather forecast is that the car fails to start in cold weather, surely they tested the car in colder weather than we are getting now.

Quick trip to dealer (Johnsons Liverpool) got rid of all warning messages - car did go into ready mode despite cold weather. Dealer didn't have to do anything as messages cleared after the half hour drive there but managed to arrange service due soon to be done following day and the recalls even got the goody bag that was on offer as part of their winter essentials promotion:biggrin:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links