Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla ee11 hatchback 1.8?

OleST

hello, i have a 1.3 corolla 2door hatchback that i want to modify, for me to legaly swap it to 1.8 i need to know if it was produced that way from toyota. did toyota produce 1.8 (7afe) 2door hatchbacks? can i find complete suspension parts lists anywhere? also were g6r models built using ee11 body or ae11 body? (need to know for possible disc brake conversion)

i live in norway so everything that i want to do to my car requires either TUV aprooved aftermarket parts or stock parts from a car with the same body but higher trim. (this sucks because i would really love to have a awd 3sgte wrc replica but this is impossible within our laws unless someone has built one and gotten it TUV certified)

I think the E11 did come with a petrol 1.8 engine, however it's on the station wagon version. It didn't make it to the 3 door hatchback like you and I have.

The biggest engine the E11 came with, in a hatchback form, was a 1.6 petrol engine. It was also available in 1.9 and 2.0 litre diesel engines in the same chassis. I think this covers the European market, but it could just be unique to the UK. I doubt it though.

Still, a 1.6 engine in a car as light and as small as the E11 hatchback will still go like stink. The G6R's were usually 1.6 from what I gather but mated with a 6 speed gearbox.

yes but what im looking to do is build a 7age (since it is based on the 7afe block my car would pass inspection if i could find documents that proove the ee11 was sold with this)

but i could possibly get the modification aprooved if the wagon and hatchback have the same front ends and all the mounting points are the same for both front and rear suspension. (is the floor different in the awd stationwagon vs the fwd stationwagon?)

The Corolla, even in the station wagon variant, never came with a 7AGE engine. Only the 7AFE version. It's just from what you said it sounded like any modification would be alright as long as it was sold like that, but if the Corolla never came with a 7AGE engine you're not going to be able to put one in anyway. So a 7AFE would be your best bet.

I don't know about the station wagon, as we don't get them in the UK so I wouldn't be able to tell. The engine mounts are possibly the same, but without looking it's hard to say.

2 hours ago, mickburkesnr said:

The Corolla, even in the station wagon variant, never came with a 7AGE engine. Only the 7AFE version. It's just from what you said it sounded like any modification would be alright as long as it was sold like that, but if the Corolla never came with a 7AGE engine you're not going to be able to put one in anyway. So a 7AFE would be your best bet.

I don't know about the station wagon, as we don't get them in the UK so I wouldn't be able to tell. The engine mounts are possibly the same, but without looking it's hard to say.

7AGE is a 7AFE with the cylinder head and pistons from a 4AGE

But together it's a 7AGE and classed as one, regardless of where the parts come from.

I'm not an expert on the laws in Norway, but going from what you said you need to have an engine in the car that would've been an option on that platform, and to me it doesn't sound like you'll get away with doing that.

All I know is that the station wagon Corolla came with the 7AFE engine and was never offered with the 7AGE.

No, the 7age isnt an engine that Toyota ever built, its just what people call the 7afe + 4age hybrid. This would pass inspection because the engine Block is a 7afe. The techs only look at the identification tag on the Block so this engine would be legal.