Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Faults on my Avensis T Spirit D4D P0488 and B1826

GAZB

Got 2 faults showing up on my 2010 Avensis 2.2 D4D T Spirit which is putting warning lights and Airbag lights on saying check VSA Parking and Parking brake etc

Fault Code on my mini tester was P0488 Exhaust Gas recirculation throttle control circuit A range performance ( car when sluggish so I cleaned all Egr it was full of soot , was okay and picked up loads better but engine light come on again a few miles later with same fault

Both Fault codes underneath came off a local mechanics Snap On Fault computer :

Fault Code B1826 Open in side squib ( left hand circuit ) guess this is the problem for the airbag light staying on

Fault code C1201 Engine control System Malfunction

Anyone fixed these faults or know whats causing them

Thanks

Gaz

There is a Technical service bulletin regarding P0488, C1201 is set because of P0488.

Bulletin ref

EG-0167T-0311-EN

Subject:

AD-08 engine: A broken diesel throttle body gear is causing an abnormal noise and DTC P0488.

Models:

AVENSIS, AURIS / COROLLA, RAV4, VERSO

Model codes:

ADT270, ADT271, ADE150, ADE157, ALA30, ALA35, AUR20, AUR21

DESCRIPTION OF PHENOMENON

Some customers may complain about an abnormal noise coming from the diesel throttle body. And /or the MIL is on combined with a loss of engine power, DTC P0488 (Exhaust gas recirculation throttle position range / performance) is stored in the memory of the engine ECU.

PRODUCTION CHANGE

The software of the engine ECU has been improved.

REPAIR PROCEDURE -

Check / update the engine ECU software to the latest calibration ID version according to the procedure described in TSB EG6006. -

Replace, when it’s producing an abnormal noise, the “venturi assy” ( Throttle body ) by a new one according to the repair manual.

There is also a Technical service bulletin for B1826 also.

Bulletin ref

BE-0043T-0512

Subject:

Intermittent the airbag warning light comes due to a malfunction in a front seat side airbag.

Models:

AURIS; AVENSIS; VERSO

Model codes:

ADE150; ADE157; ADE186; NDE150; NDE180; NRE150; NRE180; NRE185; WWE185; ZRE151; ZRE152; ZRE185; ZWE150; ZWE186; ZZE150; ADT270; ADT271; ZRT270; ZRT271; ZRT272; AUR20; AUR21; ZGR20; ZGR21

DESCRIPTION OF PHENOMENON

Some customers may experience and report that intermittent the airbag warning lights remains ON. DTC B1821/56 (Open in side squib RH circuit) and / or B1826/56 (Open in side squib LH circuit) is stored in the memory of the airbag ECU due to a malfunction in the LH and / or RH front side seat airbag.

PRODUCTION CHANGE

The crimping process of the front seat side airbag wire harness connector has been changed and the wire has a tin based coating.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

Replace affected front seat back cushion assy ( incl side airbag ) with new part following relevant repair manuals.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Have a similar issue going on with my November 2008 Toyota Avensis T27 2.0 D4D.

New EGR fitted. Two different sets of software wont clear faults above. 

Bosch system and another software I can't remember the name of from indy garages. 

The throttle does feel different but i was putting that down to the car been in limp mode.

So my question is. Does my car need a software update from main dealer or will replacing the diesel throttle body resolve the issue?

20180615_173843_HDR.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just to follow up. Replaced Diesel Throttle Body and it resolved the issue. So my advice is replace Diesel Throttle Body first. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links