Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot not Unlocking

Soeley

Last week I got out of my car and went round the back to open the rear hatch and nothing happened when I pressed the button. No sound of the solenoid actuating or anything. It happened again this week, I was wanting to get my bag out the back that has my key-less fob in it. I tried the lock button and I got the bleeping you get when trying to lock the car with the key fob inside, so that seemed to work as it should.

After getting my bag out I locked the car as normal, then tried unlocking the hatch again and it opened. All this week it seems to be just randomly not unlocking for some reason.

I have tested the unlock button as stated in the workshop manual and the button seem to working well, see below.

I have also been having Battery problems again, I don't know if the two are connected or not? Battery is currently on charge as it had gone flat over night. I will then get my meter on it to test for Battery leakage.

Any help or suggestion welcome.

Capture.PNG

Well I think I have put the issue down to a bad Battery causing issues, got a new one ordered and will find out tomorrow.

One thing I have found out though there is a way of manually unlocking the rear hatch if the central locking/power fails.

There is a way of manually unlocking it?

I couldn't find a way when I had my central locking problems recently, how do you do it?

Craig.

Craig, remove the trim from the inside of the hatch to gain access to the lock\solenoid assembly. There is a little lever, just move that downwards.

WP_20170501_11_38_10_Pro_LI.jpg

WP_20170501_11_38_05_Pro_LI.jpg

• Like 1

Ah, got you now. I never went to the hassle of removing the inner trim.
Turned out to be a blown fuse in my car but that was affecting the other 2 doors as well which is a different problem to what you have. Hope the new Battery sorts it out.

Craig.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to report that the new Battery has solved the problem. Weird!

• Like 2

That is most odd. Glad it's sorted but have to wonder why that caused the issue?

Craig.

Even more starnge, most of the time the boot wouldn't open with the engine running, but once ignition was switched off it did?

• 2 months later...

Hi. Does anyone know how to remove the boot panel? Is it just a case of carefully prising it?

I want to souce power for my rear mounted dash cam. 

Thanks

Liam

Yes the panel just pulls off. Taken mine off a few times, might feel like it doesn't want to come, but it will.

Cool. Thanks. 

I don't suppose you know where best to tap into a switched live too do you?

I've mounted the Dashcam on the inside of the boot lid just above where the wiper rests. 

I thought if I can get a live in there somewhere it will be a lot neater than messing around with the boot hinge area etc

Not really, you are quite limited with the electrics in the boot lid, lock & wash/wipe. My dash cam is a two channel one so I only had to run the wire through for the rear camera that then plugs into the front camera. I ran it through the rubber boot next to the hinge.