Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Spring Map Update is available for download

thecaretaker

Just a heads up, the Spring Map update is available in the estore. Map version 6.9.0H (free with mapcare). It is a massive 6.7gig download.

• Like 1

you should be able to customise it though, surely (i.e. you only need to download the bits that you will use rather than all of Europe)?

& presumably this is for Touch2 with Go (I'll need to check for Touch & Go).

• Like 1

I will wait until some brave souls have tried it, and will only consider going through the rigmarole if/when at least 5 people have reported:

• no significant problems
  • at least one real benefit (to me)
  • maps are at least only horrifically out of date, rather than terrifyingly
  • USB music still works ok

Somehow, I'm not holding my breath...

• Like 1

I will also wait a few days before downloading. Hopefully there's no problems but if there are I hope they will be reported on this forum.

Hi have downloaded 6.9.0L with only Britian's maps installed in car (I don't drive abroad) total size on USB stick 4Gb loading to car took about 10 minutes the sound level when using the Sat Nav seems to be working ok now will run USB to find out if they have fixed that. 

Ian thanks for your prompt posting. Please let us know about the USB as soon as you've tried it.

I dare not risk trying to do it myself after a previous fiasco a few years ago which necessitated the car being in the dealers for 4 days and eventually a new Sat/ Nav having to be fitted. I downloaded the instructions and followed them to the letter. Our dealer said I had done nothing wrong.The Sat /Nav just locked during the update and it could not be fixed.

Our dealer has agreed to do any new Sat/Nav updates so I will wait till next service and request that MrT does it.

Just tried to download the update and got an error during the buying process, telling me to try again later, so it didn't download or appear in my purchases or my basket. I received the invoice for the purchase (£0) but no update file. When I try to go through the process again it says I already purchased it, which means it won't let me do it again.

Any Ideas ? 

kithmo, try looking at your purchases. it has a little arrow which expands the box which has the code to print off and download link. If you are not seeing it, try in a different browser. The MyToyota website seems to be very dodgy at times. I found it wouldn't open with IE unless I added the site to the trusted sites section. I used Microsoft Edge (Win10 x64) and it worked OK. If not, try firefox.

As for the map, mine was 6.9.0WH and at long last includes the A2690 which was built 2 years ago close to me.

Everything seems to be working fine for me.

I'm using Chrome browser and I've tried IE, bot the same. The download doesn't show in my purchases or my basket, but there is an invoice in my payments section, which is the same as the one I received by email from My Toyota. I've sent an email to the Website technical dept, I'll just have to wait for their reply.

I did the download, but when it went to save it I got a message saying there wasn't enough room on the stick.  The stick is a 16GB freshly formatted to FAT32 as per the instructions and the download is only 6.69GB.  I am trying again in case it was just a blip.

I am using Edge on Windows 10 as it says I can't use a MAC.

Have to wait another hour or so to see if it works this time.

Downloaded OK this time, but thats because I didn't realise I hadn't  selected the stick so it just went straight to the Download folder on the PC.  Tried moving it to the stick, but got the same message about it being too large, so I am now doing a full format of it to see if that makes any difference.

If it does work, do I leave the zip file as it is and the car sorts it out or should I unzip it to the stick first? 

Hi you download to computer then unzip to USB stick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ian rooke said:

Hi you download to computer then unzip to USB stick

Thank you so much Ian, what a School Boy error, unzipping now :laugh:

I finally managed to get the update.

I managed to do it on www.toyota-tech.eu by signing up, downloading the file and unzipping it to a USB. Then by entering my device code and the request code from my car I obtained the activation code and it worked.

Just tried to update during my lunch break and no joy.  Tried putting the USB in when the car was in Ready mode and nothing happened.  Turned off, but the USB in then started the car and still no joy. I thought it was just supposed to give you a pop up when the USB was put in. 

Maybe I need to make sure it's unzipped properly I guess although it all seem to go ok last night when I did it. 

Hi when I upgraded the Sat Nav and Media player with the car in ready I put USB in and after a few seconds the screen showed Software update in progress and asked for activation code then after putting in what maps I wanted it carried out the update. I would try downloading the update again (if it will let you without trying to charge you again) The update went as it should.I notice you have the Excel are you downloading the correct update I believe  the Excel uses the 6.9.0H not the 6.9.0L update

• Like 1

I tried the update today. Even though I was only updating the UK, the USB stick took 50 minutes to update the in-car sat nav and I eventually had the message that the update was complete and I could remove the USB stick. The sat nav then came on with NO map details at all. Tried switching it off and restarting car. Went for a drive to see if that would make any difference but the screen just shows the current location icon with NO map details. Tried to navigate to a previous location but message came up saying unable to locate previous destination even though postcode was shown and selected. 

Wish I hadn't tried the update. It took about 30 mins to download from MYToyota to my pc, then about 15 mins to unzip it and copy to USB stick and then another 50 mins to load it on car sat nav. What a waste of time and I now have a sat nav that doesn't work at all. I'd be grateful if anyone has any ideas as to what I might try. If not I'll contact Toyota technical assistance (anyone know the appropriate email address?).

Hi Mickey,

Hmm after reading all these postings especially yours, I'll download the update to my hard drive but will wait just a bit longer to install. The experiences that several folks are having aren't good & I'm getting a lot concerned. As a Gen 4 Prius Excel owner I have three years of 'free' update downloads but if these are going to prove to be so flakey, maybe after my free period I'll finish with the downloads & revert back to what has been my brilliant TomTom or even buy an up to date TomTom for navigation. Sad really!

I'm not even bothering to download yet - I only use my TomTom for navigation because:

• it's reliable
  • the traffic is the best I've seen, and free for life
  • the maps are pretty up to date, with free for life quarterly updates
  • it's so easy to snap into the magnetic cradle and back out again (which automatically turns it on/off)
  • I can save multi-stop routes
  • the browser software is very easy to use

I stops downloaded on my Gen 3 Prius, because I had loads of problems, and the last time I tried ( a couple of years a go now), after spending all the time to download and install, it told be to do another download/install, which put it back to the previous version, then it told me to do it yet again, which is when I gave up.  The last successful update I did gave maps that were about as good as 5-year-old TomTom maps!

My USB music works well enough, so I'm happy enough with my set-up.

Hi Pete,

Youve more or less summarised how I feel!

When I purchased my previous Gen 3 Prius in 2010, I asked for speed camera alerts on the satnav as they were available on my TomTom. However, they didn't offer that at the time so I used my TomTom instead. On my new car this is available but I worry about all the updating reports I read about on this forum. I just wonder what sort of people Toyota are employing that are responsible for their multimedia setups & updates? The USB playback is nothing but a mess. I asked the voice activated service to play a particular track & now that's all I can play from my USB! Also I get so infuriated when the playback previous to this, played all tracks irandomly even though I've not selected that & the tracks are saved to the USB in discrete folders! After the free update period if these clowns don't get their act together, I will be only too pleased to revert to a TomTom & I will make sure folks out there know!!

4 minutes ago, BhxTrev said:

... I just wonder what sort of people Toyota are employing that are responsible for their multimedia setups & updates?

The USB playback is nothing but a mess...

For sure, they're in a different class to those that designed the Hybrid system!   20 years ago!!!

Hmm, my USB is fine, but I've got an early car, never updated the software, and just under 300 tracks.  It all works pretty well (maybe the voice command doesn't always get the right track, but none of the problems you mention).

3 hours ago, Mr Wolf said:

...I'd be grateful if anyone has any ideas as to what I might try...

If your dealer is anywhere near as good as mine [Dingles of Norwich], and you have a relationship with them anything remotely close to what mine is with Dingles, I'd talk to them and ask them to sort it out.

I agree with Pete. Go to your dealer. My dealer has always given me great service. The service manager knows about the pitfalls of updating the Toyota Sat/Navs and has agreed to do all future updates for me. Why on earth Toyota Techs cannot get the Sat /Nav updates sorted and made easier is beyond me.

On the Gen 3 you had to get a code from the car to use the Toyota toolbox. On the Gen 4 there is no way you can get this code; so the toolbox for Gen 4 owners is useless. For peace of mind and avoid frustration etc I would advice getting your dealer to do Sat/Nav updates.

10 hours ago, BhxTrev said:

I just wonder what sort of people Toyota are employing that are responsible for their multimedia setups & updates? 

T2 and T2&G is made by Harman (now owned by Samsung).