Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Playing Albums/songs on USB

malcolmbramhall

Hi

I have a 2016 Auris with the touch 2.

I am trying to play albums that I have copied to a USB. At the moment all the songs are playing in alphabetical order. Eve though the screen has a tab for albums it will not find any and just plays alphabetically or random.

Can anyone help?

thanks

Malc

The only advice I can think of, is to make sure the albums are on the USB as individual folders, and not a group of individual folders stuffed into one big folder.

I.e. Do not have 'Album1', 'Album2', 'Album3' etc.. put into one single folder named for example 'All My Albums'.

Hope you get what I mean lol.

Hi.

Yes they are, each album is a folder. Each folder is the same name as the album.

It seems bizarre that they have the usb as an option to play music, and the tab options to pick either albums, genre, etc, but it's impossible to do so!

Had the same issue on an MP3 player years ago, and I do mean years ago. Never did get it to function properly. Would have thought that the processing software would be more user friendly these days.

Hope you manage to find a solution.

Yeah exactly, thanks for your input. Hopefully someone will have a solution.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2012 gen 1 Auris which has a socket for a USB key containing music. On my USB key I have a directory for each album and in each directory, along with the mp3 files, I have a ".m3u" file. This is just a text file that lists all the tracks (files) stored in the directory like an album listing. IIRC the system finds the m3u files and presents each one as a playlist.

If that doesn't work then you could try adding an id3 album tag to each mp3 file. That's more work and I am not even sure if they are supported but might be worth a try.

Had the same problem using USB sticks with the Mk .1 Auris (I was too mean to pay the extra for an iPod connecting cable installation) - think this USA thread summed up the situation:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/152-venza-forum/503130-has-anybody-figured-out-usb-sitck-file-structure.html

I think I solved it by the sequential numbering method mentioned

• 3 weeks later...

On 30/04/2017 at 3:01 PM, fordulike said:

The only advice I can think of, is to make sure the albums are on the USB as individual folders, and not a group of individual folders stuffed into one big folder.

I.e. Do not have 'Album1', 'Album2', 'Album3' etc.. put into one single folder named for example 'All My Albums'.

Hope you get what I mean lol.

Same here... and it shuffles nicely (I can rarely be bothered browsing for something specific).

Alternatively, you might want to try asking the folks at multimedia@toyota.co.uk - I found them very helpful when I had problems with a system update.

On 10/05/2017 at 8:32 PM, myriagon said:

I have a 2012 gen 1 Auris which has a socket for a USB key containing music. On my USB key I have a directory for each album and in each directory, along with the mp3 files, I have a ".m3u" file. This is just a text file that lists all the tracks (files) stored in the directory like an album listing. IIRC the system finds the m3u files and presents each one as a playlist.

If that doesn't work then you could try adding an id3 album tag to each mp3 file. That's more work and I am not even sure if they are supported but might be worth a try.

I added some new music to my USB key this week. For me having a m3u file, that equates to a playlist in my car, works well. I have a different folder for each album. There is a m3u file in each folder listing all the mp3s in that folder. When I select "Playlists" in car, I see all the m3u files listed.

I use Linux so creating the m3u file is trivial using the following bash command run in each directory:

ls | sort > album1.m3u

I guess there are ways of doing this in Windows too but I try to avoid that OS nowadays.

dir /b /a-d *.mp3 > "c:\playlist.m3u"

:cool:

or

dir /b /a-d /od *.mp3 > "c:\playlist.m3u"

if you created a directory from a CD and want to have the tracks in CD order.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links