Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

EPB fault 'Check Parking Brake System' returns.

Konrad C

1 hour ago, Konrad C said:

Techstream has to loaded on to a laptop, though some came preloaded on laptops for professional use. Same goes for the Delphi software. Both came with cable - mini VCI USB to OBD2 for the Techstream, USB to OBD2 with Bluetooth for the Delphi. I also have a stand alone Launch which can do most things, but not a patch on Techstream.

i loaded techstream on to a spare ssd i got iput windows on it then loaded techstream on it as my laptop i can change the ssd easy on here just 2 screws on it 

12 hours ago, 2009joe said:

This site can’t be reached

www.icarsoft.com’s server IP address could not be found.

not coming up for me 

Works on my Laptop.

John

10 hours ago, JARC1 said:

Works on my Laptop.

John

Just tried again and the link is still working.

John

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I’ve made quick vid regarding epb. Last summer I have replaced the actuator and eventually I made the error message gone via techstream. It may be not permanent because it reoccurred when I had check engine light after I have forgotten to connect injector but I have repeated the steps and it worked again. So I’m leaving the link here

• 1 month later...

Was problem with failing epb resolved in later models of avensis ? Any year to avoid ?

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2022 at 1:51 PM, Ananiash said:

Hey guys, I’ve made quick vid regarding epb. Last summer I have replaced the actuator and eventually I made the error message gone via techstream. It may be not permanent because it reoccurred when I had check engine light after I have forgotten to connect injector but I have repeated the steps and it worked again. So I’m leaving the link here

class job and video by chance u got that techstream from eBay they give you a code when you buy it to work on your laptop. when i got mine i bought a cheap seprate ssd for putting techstream on and i just take out the sdd and put it into my laptop and have it from there incase have to reinstall windows on my laptop incase something goes wrong 

• 5 months later...
On 12/29/2022 at 10:57 PM, 2009joe said:

class job and video by chance u got that techstream from ebay they give you a code when you buy it to work on your laptop. when i got mine i bought a cheap seprate ssd for putting techstream on and i just take out the sdd and put it into my laptop and have it from there incase have to reinstall windows on my laptop incase something goes wrong 

Sorry for late reply. Yes, I got the techstream from eBay but it was pain in the a to install so I have browsed forums and one have had guys sending you the activation codes. I don't know if that works till this day but eventually I did manage to make it work on my win10 laptop. What I'm using in the vid is dualboot laptop with second partition with dedicated win xp. Handy to have if youre about to go for a journey. After making this vid, error didn't showed up. My avensis is being replaced with other car. Within 4 years I did 50k miles with it and I have great sentiment. Especially bonding experience was breaking seized bolt in the engine block that held the injector clamp :).

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 12:51 PM, Ananiash said:

Sorry for late reply. Yes, I got the techstream from ebay but it was pain in the a to install so I have browsed forums and one have had guys sending you the activation codes. I don't know if that works till this day but eventually I did manage to make it work on my win10 laptop. What I'm using in the vid is dualboot laptop with second partition with dedicated win xp. Handy to have if youre about to go for a journey. After making this vid, error didn't showed up. My avensis is being replaced with other car. Within 4 years I did 50k miles with it and I have great sentiment. Especially bonding experience was breaking seized bolt in the engine block that held the injector clamp :).

You can buy the cable off eBay and run the software off a virtual machine running XP; Oracle Virtual Box works fine for me. This vid also has prebuilt images of XP to easily load into the VM 

• 2 weeks later...

Was the EPB problem resolved in later models, or should one stick with pre EPB Avensis models?

10 hours ago, m456an said:

Was the EPB problem resolved in later models, or should one stick with pre EPB Avensis models?

It is stated by Surrey Electronics that Toyota stated in April 2014 that:

"We are confident that the known moisture issue on the Avensis electronic parking brake system has been acknowledged and there has been a change in design of this part which has improved the seals. The design of the main box has also been improved."

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links