Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis B9010 bluetooth

TheTechGuy

Hi all, recently I've just purchased an Avensis 08 T180 with the B9010 radio in it.

I managed to connect my iPhone via bluetooth but when answering a phone call, i can hardly hear. The talking looks like is coming from the passenger's side speaker. The volume level is at max but still very low volume. Has anyone had a similar issue and is there anyway to improve the volume? Any answers are much appreciated. 

The B9010 doesn't have bluetooth. You must have an after-market module or was it supplied by Toyota? My setup has a 3.5mm jack into a Yatour unit which provides the bluetooth feed. If yours is similar it would suggest the wiring for one of the channels has failed if the signal only comes out of  the left side. 

Hi Gazza and thanks for your reply. To be fair I'm not too sure what it has fitted. I just followed the instructions on the manual supplied by Toyota to connect my phone to the car. Perhaps the radio has nothing to do with my phone I'm not sure about that. When the phone rings, the music stops and to answer i have to press the up arrow which is under the (+) on the steering wheel. Not sure if the connection has anything to do with the radio. 

1 hour ago, TheTechGuy said:

Hi Gazza and thanks for your reply. To be fair I'm not too sure what it has fitted. I just followed the instructions on the manual supplied by Toyota to connect my phone to the car. Perhaps the radio has nothing to do with my phone I'm not sure about that. When the phone rings, the music stops and to answer i have to press the up arrow which is under the (+) on the steering wheel. Not sure if the connection has anything to do with the radio. 

You need to adjust the volume of the device when connected to Bluetooth. I did this with my phones during the setup and testing process. The bluetooth volume is independent of the other volumes headphone/speaker/system/alerts) on the phone i use - Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo and Nokia Lumia 625. It was the same what ever car stereo or bluetooth system used.

The other issue is that the system is using the wrong speaker. My later Mk3 T27 standard stereo with bluetooth built in, operates on the drivers speaker (right hand). I wonder if there is a setting to change yours? 

Give the Bluetooth volume a try and if I do find any info on speaker selection, I will post.  

• Like 1

Thanks Konrad, really appreciate it. I will try it out tonight when i get home as i'm working at the moment and will update.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

08 avensis B9010 unit, "A programme cannot be read" consult a dealer!

Have not won the lottery yet, so any remedy's out there?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links