Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why do people have to key cars!! :@

Ben93

Come back from work today and noticed thered a light not too deep scratch running from my passenger front door all the way to my front wheel arch its not been done by a car or by me so someones walked past and done it but its not too deep. 

This really pi**es me off i spent alot of money on high quakity cleaning stuff and waxes glazes to get my car looking the way it does and someone whos a little jealoud has to walk by and do that!!! 

I am fuming to say the least wish I had a camera outside my houss facing the street. 

Hopefully some light scratch removal polish will fadd it enough not to notice i dont want s heavy duty polish on an 06 car will wreck the clearcoat.

If i ever find out who did it theyre car will be in flames. 

Hi Ben. Sorry to hear that your car has been vandalised. Like you I try to keep my car looking smart so know how you are feeling. I have suffered ln car parks with people carelessly opening their doors on my car and causing minor damage. I can recommend Chipex as very good for repairing scratches. It really works, provides you with the right colour coded paint etc and is not difficult to use. If you're interested have a look at the Chipex website which has videos showing how it works. There are also videos on You Tube showing it being used successfully. Good luck

Thank you its not overly deep theres a small deep ome by my dood handle from a car park like you said though. Really grinds my gears its so annoying when you take pride in your things and some wan**r couldnt give a a flying f*ck

I had a lovely red Honda Civic a few years ago. 5 door hatchback, slightly sporty looking without being overly chav. Was a lovely car.

That was until I parked it outside my girlfriends house one night in a "safe neighbourhood" (her words), to find some expletive had run a key from the rear light, alllllllllllllllllllllll the way along the side of the car to the front indicator. Happened 12 months after my first car, a green Peugeot 306, had a scratch put in it along the length of the front wing. Both outside her house.

But at the end of the day people who do stuff like that for no reason have nothing to show for themselves anyway. Like Carl Lewis said, no one gets free rent in my head. I would do the same.

That said, my mom once keyed someones car on purpose. Long story short, my mom was getting out of the car once and this woman reversed her Mercedes in to the door, trapping her leg. The woman denied she did it, even with witnesses. She didn't respond to insurance letters etc, so my dad (whos car it was) dropped the claim and ended up scrapping the car. 6 months later, we're walking along and I notice the car who crushed my mom's leg was parked up. It was definately the car as it had the same number plate and everything. My mom walked up to it, keyed both sides of the car, walked off. Only time I'd ever agree with someone keying a car though!

!!!!!!! Just hope the women merc owner had not sold it in that six month period to some car loving person who always wanted a merc???

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this but it could be worse. I had a mk2 Golf from new, my first car. I loved that car cleaning and polishing it religiously. After 170k miles and 10 years it still looked immaculate. Then one morning I came round a bend only to find a school minibus overtaking a HGV on double white lines. I had no where to go and more by good fortune than anything else managed to hit the HGV's main driving wheels. Luckily I walked away but my immaculate Golf was no more with a smashed up front end and a big crease in the roof. 

Now in a strange kind of way I feel happier when my new car is no longer pristine. I can then stop worrying about the odd scratch and stone chip. After all there are much more important things to worry about in life, well there are in my life!

32 minutes ago, myriagon said:

Now in a strange kind of way I feel happier when my new car is no longer pristine. I can then stop worrying about the odd scratch and stone chip.

I can relate to that :smile:

2 hours ago, saxo265 said:

!!!!!!! Just hope the women merc owner had not sold it in that six month period to some car loving person who always wanted a merc???

It was definately the same owner of the same car. Same air freshener, other crap hanging from the mirror etc.

I dont mind if someine scuffs it with there car accidents happen its the deliberate things and it takes the resale value down. I tend to take pride in all my things and like to look after them. I got tge scratch out and someones now done a small stab mark with a key thats too deep to remove. Set up a camera out my window facing the car so for once i want them to do it again so i can see whos gonna be paying for it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Considering a car is the second most expensive thing most people will buy (house typically being the first), you'd think people would be more careful, but that certainly isn't the case. What is wrong with people?! :blink:

I've taken to photographing my car when parked next to others, with registrations fully visible, and clearly able to see my car is UNDAMAGED when I walk away, should I ever return to find a door scratched or dented.

• Like 1