Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parking sensor issue

Sybersal

I bought a brand new Verso Design in March (after being hurried by dealer to register before April to avoid the new tax rules.. which would have only actually cost me £5 extra!)

Anyway the dealer knew very little about the new spec and was surprised parking sensors were not standard on any model. I paid £450 for these as an extra. Within days I contacted the dealer as there is no indication of which sensor was being triggered .. going through a width restrictor (many where I live) a nightmare as the sensors do a continual beep and I have no idea which sensor is being triggered! Parking is just a bad .. I have a rear view camera but this does not help when parking in a relatively tight spot and beeps going nuts! There is no visual indicator that I have had on previous cars to which sensor is going off. I can't believe I paid £450 for this and the dealer and Toyota are not interested! (Yes I can turn them off .. but misses the point of paying £450 for a useless bit of kit!)  I am just surprised that a brand new car has such a basic parking sensor system.

Moderator's note:

Coming from a procurement background, if a purchaser has particular requirements then they have a responsibility to themselves to ensure whatever they are buying, meets those requirements, either in part or in full.

What isn't known is whether Toyota or the dealer were asked before purchase, whether the parking sensor system in question identified which individual sensor is triggered, etc.

If what is purchased doesn't meet requirements then the purchaser must accept some responsibility for the choice if adequate checks weren't done before purchase.

I too was a little disappointed. However, my interest was a little different but I still agree with you. Coming from a '00 Corolla, where I could actually see the front of my bonnet, well nearly, I thought it best to get front parking sensors as the back was okay having a rear camera. As the car was late to actually materialise I read the manual to console myself, and I too was expecting visual confirmation of the sensors as this it's what is inn the manual. So I'm not sure how they can not supply this as it's inky when the give you the little pamphlet after you've bought it that it omits talking about any visual signaling. So, although I can sort of understand what the mood says, I don't think Toyota have been very helpful or transparent about this purchase. Nb p. 302 of the verso owners manual (I can't add pics on this tapatalk app)

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Ah, found the button to add pic!1d64da8102b97df8b4c36cbab5155fcb.jpg

• Like 1

Jonny .. thank you! My car has this bit but nothing lights up! I have emailed Toyota and the dealer again!

To the moderator ....

1. The salesman I dealt with knew very little about the car and spec..

2. Had I known to ask the question I am sure he would have said that there was a visual display (just to seal the deal) and then it would have been his word against mine anyway!

3. Since my post both the Dealer and Toyota have been rude and unsympathetic (not even answering any of my other queries) I have not been rude to them.. just frustrated!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links