Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New IQ owner reserve / Petrol light

ScottygIQ

Hey all,

So I'm new to this and brought my first Toyota IQ and have to say at first I didn't like it (going from a Seat) to this was a strange step for me..

Anyway I have a Toyota IQ 1 litre, 2011 plate and wanted to know when the Petrol gauge starts flashing roughly how many miles do I have left? My tank is 32L 

any help would be appreciated as I don't want to risk it but want to know roughly how much I have 😆

Cheers all 

Scott 

According to the full owners manual, the low fuel light comes on when there is approx 5.9 litres remaining.

Hey FROSTYBALLS,

Thanks for this info 😊 Do you know what' that is in miles? Roughly ?

thanks for your help

scott

54 minutes ago, ScottygIQ said:

Do you know what' that is in miles? Roughly ?

thanks for your help

scotte 

Assuming yours is a manual, the Honest John Real mpg figures are 42 - 64mpg, with an average of 53. Possible mileage when the low fuel warning light illuminates may be 54 miles upwards

This needs to be moved to the iQ forum.

My iQ has ran out of fuel before the last bar starts flashing so my advice is never let it get that low. There was fuel left in the tank but if the pump manages to get a gulp of air rather than fuel it makes it very difficult to start again. 

I now fill up when there are two solid bars showing and if the last one does flash I get very desperate to find a station quickly!

Craig.

Aha, that's quite funny - Most of the other threads on the subject are from people complaining how ridiculously large the reserve fuel is! :laugh:

With my Yaris I once did a hundred miles on the last blinking light before I bottled it and dove into a fuel station, although it probably depends on how the car was parked when it's started! I find on cambered hills, the fuel gauge can be 3 bars if the car's facing one way, or one bar blinking if it's facing the other!!

• Like 1