Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More on flashing 'N' on 2009 Yaris

cerdical

Hello all, I want to let you know that there has been some apparent success in curing the problem. I know this is not the only cure. My problem was that on some occasions, after starting the engine, the car would refuse to go into gear and N would flash. The problem never surfaced when engine was running. Also the engine is the one with the release bearing slave cylinder.

Remove the -ve Battery cable, and the actuator motor connector as well as the sensor connector.The clutch actuator motor was then removed, not a simple task. It is fastened by three 5mm Allen bolts. There was a lot of black moist dust completely covering the brushes and commutator. This debris was removed by holding the top of the motor uppermost and liberally spraying Halfords brake cleaner until the area was clean. It was allowed to dry for a few minutes and reattached. Connectors and Battery were reconnected and when tested all was fine. Car in use for a week without problem reoccurring. Keeping fingers crossed.

This may help some of you guys.

Cerdical

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

My Toyota Yaris 2009 semi automatic started giving me the same problem N flashing not moving constantly starting and turning off the engine. I was at my wits end. The mechanic said he couldn’t find any fault. The Battery used to die on me, jumpstarting etc. then one day I noticed after a jumpstart the car went into drive easily so I got the Battery changed and no more N flashing. What a relief. Try putting a new Battery in. Mine was less than 2 years old but I still changed it and also keep a battery pack in the car for just in case

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links