Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 4 Rubber Plugs

albany

My Gen 4 Prius is coming up for 1 year old, so I've booked it in for a service next week. Going through the glove compartment, I found a small package (pictured) containing two rubber plugs. In case the text isn't clear in the photo, the instruction is: IMPORTANT. To Pre-Delivery Inspector: Insert these rubber plugs into the holes of the center [sic] floor side member extensions.

These plugs may be spares, but how can I check if plugs have been fitted? I have no idea what the "center floor side member extensions" are. I have a feeling that if I pass these to the dealer at the service, they will say they'll deal with them, then quietly bin them!

Any help will be much appreciated.

Rubber Plugs.jpg

Under the car, about a foot forward of each rear wheel. 

3 hours ago, tico24 said:

Under the car, about a foot forward of each rear wheel. 

Thank you very much. I'm away for the weekend, so I won't get a chance to look until Monday.

Thanks again tico24.

It appears that these plugs are not required in the UK. Apparently, they're to fill in a hole created as a tie-down point for securing the car to a transporter. That method is not used in the UK, so the push-out to create the hole has not been done. The PDI checklist should obviously instruct the dealer to discard the plugs if not required, thus avoiding the confusion caused by leaving them in the glove box.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links