Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Hybrid Fuel Economy

YarisHybrid2016

On 11/1/2020 at 10:49 AM, Mick F said:

On Friday, I drove up from here in Cornwall to Bristol and back via Bideford.  Don't ask why, it's complicated! 😀

270miles or thereabouts.  I didn't check the exact mileage, but I did have the display to show Average MPG.

The M5 was horrendous going north, so for some miles, it was stop and start and some at not much more than walking pace.  Coming back was free-flowing except for the inevitable roadworks of course.

On the motorways and dual carriageways, I tend to take my time.  60mph (indicated) in cruise control when I can, and achieved a wonderful 75mpg going north.  Coming back, the display had gone down to 68mpg - this was overall for the whole 270miles.

Not bad eh?

Mick.

I think driving towards the wind also reduces fuel consumption. I recently drove my Peugeot 208 on a long journey of mainly motorway miles - heading north, the same way as the wind direction, I achieved 60mpg on average for the 3hr journey (a record for me in this car), but on the return journey south got 54.2mpg. On that journey I was heading into the wind and could feel the car being shaken slightly by it at times.