Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't open boot

Bitch1001

I've got a Aygo x cite 15 plate 

my boot is stuck closed 

the lock mechanism is working but the button will not open it ... the button has no resistance in it 

I've got to take it in to be checked... will this be under warranty???

Would have thought so.

• 3 weeks later...

Aygo X-pression 5dr 1.0 2015: I've just got the very same problem. Phoned my dealer and got it booked in to be "looked at" tomorrow. It MUST be covered in the 5-year warranty, mustn't it? I'll keep you updated as to what they say.....

Just to update what happened with mine 

they checked it then said it needed to be booked in to change lock 

was done in under a hour ... under warranty... they also did a full check of the car for free ... I got a print out like you get when it's serviced 

hope yours is sorted soon 😺

• Like 1

That's good service. Hope mine goes like that!

Same thing happened on my C1 flair last week, over the pass month its been getting stiffer and stiffer to the point where there was no resistance with the boot failing to open despite central locking working as normal.

Problem is a fault with the metal paddle which engages with plastic barrel part of the mechanism, its misalligned which goes worst over time as you're having to apply more force to open the boot to the point it's bent out of line of the plastic barrel.

I was able to fix it in 10-20mins by bending the paddle back into its level position, no longer needs any force to open.  Boot can be opened from the inside by flicking the black latch top right of the locking point. (If you're in warranty get them to fix it.)

Video I took after I fixed it of my lock working normally

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 05/06/2017 at 4:52 PM, Bitch1001 said:

I've got a Aygo x cite 15 plate 

my boot is stuck closed 

the lock mechanism is working but the button will not open it ... the button has no resistance in it 

I've got to take it in to be checked... will this be under warranty???

I’m having the same problem with mine only got it today 😡 does it take long for them to fix

8 minutes ago, Lord Burn said:

I’m having the same problem with mine only got it today 😡 does it take long for them to fix

Took me 15mins to do with a pair of adjustable grips

Took my toyota dealer one hour do Change the whole mechanism  while I waited for it 

common fault apparently 

Interestingly I don’t have a boot button and It’s totally electronic to open. There is a black button in its place to lock/unlock the car, and to open the boot you press a button under the little plastic boot handle

image.jpg

• 3 months later...

button on mine just went, now got no friction or pressure apart from the spring return!!

i assume its covered under the Toyota 5 year warranty??

or is there a simple fix so i can get it going again.

love the button, must of been part of the key less entry/start stop upgrade.

Mine went again, 12 months after I last fixed it, the metal must be like putty 🤣 It's a easy DIY fix with plyers and a screwdriver to help get the plastic cover.

IMG_20180609_140700.jpg

thanks for quick reply, i assume Aygo mk1 and mk2 locks are the same then?

got a daft question how does the cover come off??

i managed to get the 4 black pins out but the cover still seems stuck on top edge.

didnt want to force it as i assume i can get it fixed under warranty

20180804_152305.jpg

I wouldn't touch it. Take it to toyota to fix under the 5 years warranty. 

It's being held there by the boot door it's self.  Get your hand up behind the plastic cover and unlatch the door, should be a switch at the highest point that you can flick to unlatch.

IMG_20180609_140938.jpg

It is a fairly common issue that also afflicts the PSA sister models. Covered under warranty.

thanks all, i think i will give Mr T the chance to fix it if i can get it in this week.

was hoping it was something fairly easy,  maybe it is when the car is not 30 plus degrees inside and your hanging upside down off you back seat 🙂

• 2 years later...

Out of warranty any ideas what Toyota charge

As mentioned it’s a simple fix to bend the paddle, I did mine some time ago, no need for a replacement mechanism.

48 minutes ago, Peter Dodman said:

Out of warranty any ideas what Toyota charge

I would query any price  ...given that it’s a common fault , 

this was my original post ... I’ve still got the car and had no further issues with the boot after the fix 

• 1 year later...

Its alot easier to "adjust" it correctly if you take it out..its easy to remove ..if you want to replace it then the part cost me £23.75 including VAT ,genuine part from the dealer (Citroen C1 2014) its the same part in an Aygo..