Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris T Sport

type_r_baby

Hey all 

Picked up my phase 1 at the weekend and thought I would share the progress of the car. Possibly not a lot but I say that and then end up spending loads on it!

initially when I got it the headlights were cloudy so got some fine 2000 paper and started to bring them back a little. Here's a picture before:

http://s947.photobucket.com/user/type_r_baby/media/Yaris T Sport/227FFEDD-4496-4FDA-A08E-6C55CD289421.jpg.html]227FFEDD-4496-4FDA-A08E-6C55CD289421.jpg[/URL]

Here's one after I done the work:

http://s947.photobucket.com/user/type_r_baby/media/Yaris T Sport/2A898B02-1244-41D9-8A41-4DEDE4F2DAA0.jpg.html]2A898B02-1244-41D9-8A41-4DEDE4F2DAA0.jpg[/URL]

http://s947.photobucket.com/user/type_r_baby/media/Yaris T Sport/74BBA760-21AA-4ACA-A04A-AB9B32755EDB.jpg.html]74BBA760-21AA-4ACA-A04A-AB9B32755EDB.jpg[/URL]

My first two purchases were:

http://s947.photobucket.com/user/type_r_baby/media/Yaris T Sport/A7BD21FA-62AF-4917-866A-16B59842DC5C.jpg.html]A7BD21FA-62AF-4917-866A-16B59842DC5C.jpg[/URL]

Some mats and a T Sport key ring:

http://s947.photobucket.com/user/type_r_baby/media/Yaris T Sport/76E8FA8B-6DE7-459C-8E04-D46B8AF4CB40.jpg.html]76E8FA8B-6DE7-459C-8E04-D46B8AF4CB40.jpg[/URL]

I will be keeping the thread going to keep up with what I have done for those that may be interested. 

Cheers Kaisar

• Like 1

None of the links to the photos work.

9 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

None of the links to the photos work.

Sorted boss!

Now then Kaisar, glad you got your car and it does look very nice, welcome to the Yaris family.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ant182 said:

Now then Kaisar, glad you got your car and it does look very nice, welcome to the Yaris family.

I know Steve, it seemed like it took forever! Exhaust seems to be blowing so I need to find a replacement from somewhere, considering doing a custom job

1 hour ago, type_r_baby said:

I know Steve, it seemed like it took forever! Exhaust seems to be blowing so I need to find a replacement from somewhere, considering doing a custom job

You could yes get a custom job just don't go for a jap can please lol 

20 minutes ago, Ant182 said:

You could yes get a custom job just don't go for a jap can please lol 

I was looking at a custom job but would only go for a reputable company and Alunox where on my list but the wait is 3 weeks which is too long to wait for me, unless you got any bright ideas?

Exhaust started blowing so ordered a klarius middle section

D21A91B9-B910-4732-B9C1-4C4A0B09E805.jpg

And fitted

A07799C6-6D11-4A53-85AD-5A1CD08AD319.jpg

built to factory spec so is nice and quiet. Could do with some induction noise though 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Where did you get the car mats from? Looking for some for my 2004 T3. 

Car looking beautiful btw; love seeing Mk1 Yaris looked after

2 hours ago, HowshA said:

Where did you get the car mats from? Looking for some for my 2004 T3. 

Car looking beautiful btw; love seeing Mk1 Yaris looked after

Got some from eBay for £20, custom made to fit the Yaris but not t sport ones. 

Nice looking car.

I would suggest using a couple of Dinitrol 4941  on the underneath...

On 8/4/2017 at 6:25 AM, Madasafish said:

Nice looking car.

I would suggest using a couple of Dinitrol 4941  on the underneath...

Good idea, need to do this on mine and rear sills are starting to go a little. Looks like a good car! 

• 7 months later...

Hi mate I noticed you changed the center section exhaust in your Yaris. I'm going to do the same with the klarius one from euro car parts. Can you remember what parts you had to get other than the exhaust and did the klarius fit to the standard cat that Toyota fitted or do you have to get it modified. I'm gonna do it on my drive and wanna get all the bits first. Any help will do.

29 minutes ago, Boyo-phil said:

Hi mate I noticed you changed the center section exhaust in your Yaris. I'm going to do the same with the klarius one from euro car parts. Can you remember what parts you had to get other than the exhaust and did the klarius fit to the standard cat that Toyota fitted or do you have to get it modified. I'm gonna do it on my drive and wanna get all the bits first. Any help will do.

Hi pal I just got the exhaust and then went to an exhaust fitter who fitter it but also told me to get the gasket from Toyota as they last much longer than the ones they supply and it was around £20. That's all I bought. Hope that helps

Thanks mate do you know if the front section near the cat was a straight fit over the pipe near the cat? 

23 minutes ago, Boyo-phil said:

Thanks mate do you know if the front section near the cat was a straight fit over the pipe near the cat? 

It was a straight fit pal

• 6 months later...

Been a while since I last posted but haven't had much done until today. Initially I got these parts

IMG_20180924_114641.jpg

IMG_20180928_105609.jpg

IMG_20180928_110025.jpg

• Like 1

A superb example and a future classic car in my somewhat bias opinion. The alloy wheels still look good, mine like many are peeling off and look terrible. The headlights in future can be cleaned with toothpaste, water and toothbrush.

6 minutes ago, Johan Damitha De Silva said:

A superb example and a future classic car in my somewhat bias opinion. The alloy wheels stick look good, mine like many are peeling off and look terrible. The headlights in future can be cleaned with toothpaste, water and toothbrush.

Cheers. My alloys are peeling too, they just aren't on my priority list, need some decent rubber when the current ones go. The headlights could do with another once over too

12 hours ago, type_r_baby said:

Cheers. My alloys are peeling too, they just aren't on my priority list, need some decent rubber when the current ones go. The headlights could do with another once over too

When the rubber goes ask the fitter to check the paint between the rubber and the alloy to see if the paint on the rubber contact area needs to be scraped off. What happens is that it peels off in this rubber and alloy contact area so when you hit a pothole some air escapes. But yours don't look too bad yet.

Not much tyre options around anymore for the 195/50/15 (no Goodyear F1 or Toyo options anymore) but you can get Michelin Pilot Sport 3 that is the best all-rounder and well worth a couple of quid more than the Rain Sport. Continental Contacts are an option but they do tend to wear down quickly.

• 2 months later...
On 3/24/2018 at 9:21 AM, type_r_baby said:

It was a straight fit pal

Kaisar, I am in need of a rear and centre section. When I look at the euro car parts website it says that the centre section will only fit with the Klarius cat which I don't need. From what I can see above, you didn't replace the cat right as I am being told by numerous places that the centre section contains 2 cats which is confusing matters? Kwil Fit, CES and other places want £300 for the centre section containing the cats and euro car parts want about £65 including their sales discount and it clearly doesn't contain any cats which they sell separately which again is confusing matters. When I have spoken with them all you get is someone on the end of the line who is not able to give any advice what so ever. 

• 2 months later...

Just a few updates, nothing exciting just keeping it OEM

IMG_20190111_104258.jpg

And these

IMG_20190101_170321.jpg

Does it make any difference stepping up the width of the tyre to 195 vs 185 - better grip or not noticeable?