Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IQ Suspension coilovers kit

Setenta

Dear IQ friends

I am in the UK. I am interested in lower and update the suspension in my IQ.

Any of you have purchased a sweet one and could you guys shared with me?

Many thanks

Jose

Hi Jose..........I can't afford coil-overs to be honest so I'm going down the lowered springs (progressive) route which is of course a lot cheaper. I do know that the 1.33 (which I have)  and the 1.4 diesels do not use the same type of springs that the 1.00 iQs use. Also, don't forget to inform your insurance company of the mod.

• Like 1

I went with the Eibach springs for my 1.33 iQ and they are great. A nice amount of lowering without looking silly and didn't change the ride that much. 

Craig.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. :) Maybe i will get the lowering springs too. any advice on which ones to buy?

and if affected the camber or not?

Thanks again

Jose

I've had cars/Vans lowered before in my time (I'm old these days), and the advice I've followed is buy 'progressive' lowering springs. No doubt like a lot of things, you get what you pay for, and of course some owners recommend one brand above others whilst others have their own particular favourites. I cannot personally comment on the camber as I haven't had mine lowered however, from what I can gather there's no problem with the camber being affected. 

My own particular insurance company questioned me if I was lowering (a previous car) more than 50mm, but 30-35mm drop doesn't seem to make the ride too harsh, plus with speed bumps etc., here in the UK, the lower you go the more probs with these traffic calming measures.

You will note that I have referred to 'insurance' in my previous paragraph......they need to be informed. Some insurance companies don't like mods of any description, whilst others are geared up for it.

Like Craig, I also went for the Eibach springs, 25mm front & 30mm rear drop if I remember correctly. You can get Toyota ones, but I think they drop 25mm all-round. IMO the Eibach give the iQ a more level stance.

Have a look through my thread (link below) as I put some before and after pictures on.

There's a guy on Toyota iQ UK's FaceBook page selling his coilovers;

I say goodbye to my IQ on Friday. I will be selling my BC Racing coilovers if there is anyone interested in buying them off me. They are £849 brand new, open to offers.

I think he's in the Derby area :smile:

Hi,

If you do have any issues with your insurance for this type of modification then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 2