Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto high beam not working

Auris2010

Noticed the auto high beam not working. 

All other light position works, parking light, low beam, high beam when switch on. But when put on auto high beam no light comes out. 

Dont know what happened. It was working 2-3 days ago. Maybe a fuse blown out? But cant figure out which fuse to check coz the new manual doesnt show the fuse position. 

What do you mean by "auto high beam" When on auto, the dipped beam comes on, you have to switch to high beam

The auto high beam that comes with toyota safety sense. Yes I know I have to switch to high neam and the low beam comes first.  But its not the case it doesnt light up even the low beam when in AUTO but when switched to other position on the stalk, low beam and high beam works

OK it wasnt clear in your original post sorry. I have not had one with auto high beam, but I "think" the procedure is to switch the auto light switch (near the LDA switch) to on, have the main beam switch forward and on auto, it then detects traffic coming towards you and dips automatically

The whole point of having that function is to assist us while driving, so we dont have to keep switching from low beam to high beam then vise versa while driving on unlit road especially country roads etc  

But hopefully its just a fuse or a minor fault. 

Book next week at the dealer to look at it. 

There is no fuse its computer controlled, on my 2017 Auris the headlights have to be set to "auto" and the stalk then pushed forwards to "high beam" however nothing will illuminate until the auto lights switch on when its getting dark then the head light & Auto high beam symbol will come on only the dash only then will the headlamps start switching from high/low beam depending on circumstances.

Thanks!

But the  symbol on the dash doesnt come out as well when put to AUTO, dont really know what happen as it was working 2-3 days ago. Maybe a quick reset will do make things working again if fuse is not involved? Is it safe to do it on a hybrid? Is it the same as removing the negative pole onthe Battery for a few minutes to reset the ecu?

There is no auto light symbol you get a headlight symbol only when its dark and the auto lights come on then if you have the high beam pushed on the Auto high beam light will come on and eventually if the car selects high beam the blue high beam symbol appears, none of the symbols will appear during daylight only when its dark enough for auto head lights, you are driving and the deems it suitable to turn the high beam on.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I thought it might be worth mentioning that if the fog lights are engaged, this will stop the auto main beams from working, even though the auto main beam indicator is showing on dashboard.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links