Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T27 - how to remove a pillar?

samski

Hi guys, wanted to feed the cable for dash cam and need to remove a pillar to feed it safely around airbag. I've got some schematics that shown how to remove it but upon trying it it's not really going anywhere. Has anyone removed it and got any experience with this? 

Any clues highly appreciated. 

Thank you! 

Had the same problem on the T25. Decided just to leave the pillar trim in place as I was able to squeeze the flex behind the rubber door seal. In places, pulling the door seal from the body Shell provided sufficient access. It just pushes back.  Then behind the edge of the dash into the void behind the glove box. TheT27 can't be that different. 

• Like 2

Thing is that I don't want to push things around air bag and having the manual on how to add microphone it shows how to feed the wire a next to it to be safe. It also shows how to remove pillar cover, it's bit stiff and don't want to break clips that hold it on place. I can see there are pliers required but can't fit them in at all! 

Thank you for your suggestion. 

If its anything  like the Auris, after pulling the pillar cover off its first "hold tight" clips it is retained by longer clips that require a 90 degree turn to release. These retain the cover during/after airbag operation. 

When running my Dashcam cable though I was able to run it safely "along the top / behind" the airbag and cross it over the pillar in a safe place approx 1/3 up from the bottom of the pillar. Thus the operation of the airbag is unaffected and I didn;t have to remove the cover entirely, releasing the first clips gave enough room to route the cable in this way. No idea if the Avensis is similar but it's worth a look. 

Usual safety precautions - Battery disconnection etc. apply. 

Jez

1 hour ago, Jezclax said:

If its anything  like the Auris, after pulling the pillar cover off its first "hold tight" clips it is retained by longer clips that require a 90 degree turn to release. These retain the cover during/after airbag operation. 

When running my dashcam cable though I was able to run it safely "along the top / behind" the airbag and cross it over the pillar in a safe place approx 1/3 up from the bottom of the pillar. Thus the operation of the airbag is unaffected and I didn;t have to remove the cover entirely, releasing the first clips gave enough room to route the cable in this way. No idea if the Avensis is similar but it's worth a look. 

Usual safety precautions - battery disconnection etc. apply. 

Jez

This sounds exactly like avensis. I can't seem to see this clip that need to be rotated 90 degrees with pliers. There are two of those along the pillar. I would really like to get this removed to trail the cable properly but will consider tucking it in behind airbag as you said. 

If there's anyone who successfully removed it please share your experience 😉

Ok, I managed to get it off!

So, basically, pillar cover need to pulled off with quite strength. There is only one clip that need turning by 90 degrees to get it off completely, which I managed to do without breaking it. Once it's removed it's really easy to trail the cable along existing cabling. Some photos attached. Thanks! bd63e9210e8c5eaa8ab8d71bc03ed045.jpg983505c1de8eae5060166353169d3abb.jpgf3c9a1c7004628382020d81ea6a0daed.jpgc6da2c6180319e244c311339122ea7d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk