Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control?

AYGOSTU

Hello,

Firstly sorry for all of the posts recently.. As some of you know, I am awaiting pickup on my aygo X..  whilst waiting I have been looking at a few reviews online.

3 of the reviews I saw on YouTube mentioned the car had cruise control, one car reviewer even raves about how great it is that the car has cruise control and this is really good for those long motorway trips. A man reviewing his new Aygo also mentions the cruise control. I have also noticed some adverts on auto trader also say 'cruise control' as a feature.

Now I am fully aware of what CC is, as I have it on my wifes car, but from reading the Toyota website I was under the impression the new Aygo had a 'limiter'. I have this on my current car, and you set the speed, and the speed stops when you get there.. unless you push down hard to override it. you have to keep your foot on the throttle all the time.

So my question is.. does the Aygo have a limiter or CC.  If it is a limiter I think there are some very confused people out there.

Stu

Carry on posting.

Our Hyundai has cruise and speed limiter - the Aygo system is just a speed limiter.

57 minutes ago, AYGOSTU said:

So my question is.. does the Aygo have a limiter or CC.  If it is a limiter I think there are some very confused people out there.

There should be lots of confused/misguided Aygo owners out there, some of them regarding the cruise control/limiter, others with the MirrorLink functionality, others with the (semi-) automatic X-Shift (which is not an automatic gearbox, as advertised) - I've read several posts on the web on these topics.

Welcome to the club!

13 hours ago, Pytheas said:

There should be lots of confused/misguided Aygo owners out there, some of them regarding the cruise control/limiter, others with the MirrorLink functionality, others with the (semi-) automatic X-Shift (which is not an automatic gearbox, as advertised)

Toyota aren't alone in describing the X-shift as automatic option - the automatic option in the Up!/Mio/City go is also an automated manual to name but three. Several manufacturers since the early 2000's have provided an automated manual as the auto option on some cars (Fiat, GM, Mazda, etc).

As regards the speed limiter, Toyota only 'advertise' this as such, and not cruise control.

Hi Stuart,

There was a thread on here, a while ago, regarding the Speed limiter....I remember it as I thought that I would have loved the option on a Mark 1, especially now that the Speeding Fines have changed.....I've got a clean licence and want it to remain that way!

Anyway, there are some interesting posts about it and how it's used in this thread:

I hope that helps in some way. :smile:

P.S. Click on the title "Speed Limiter" to see the whole thread. (You probably know that but others have said that they had problems)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links