Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange engine running problem??

dave hendy

Yesterday while driving my wifes 2016 Aygo Xcite (Euro 6) with an outside temperature of 28 degrees (32 deg parked before) after covering approx. 3 miles all of a sudden the car lost power  (although didn't cut out) and the engine management light came on and also and rather strangely the TPMS and ESP lights came on as well. Pulled into a side road and turned the car off and restarted it and it seemed OK and got us where we were going and home again last night. Does anyone have any ideas or had the same problem?? The 3 warning lights seemed a strange combination as I can't think what links the 3? Perhaps it just didn't like the hot temperature?

Had a look under the bonnet and everything looks connected and the Battery terminals are tight??

Just checked the car for fault codes and there were 2 stored C1201 and U0100 which I have cleared. It wasn't showing any P codes??

Codes seem to relate to a communication issue with the engine control system. Personally I'd have left the codes uncleared and taken it into a dealer for investigation under warranty.

Hopefully it won't happen again, but if it does it will have to go into the garage. We will see what happens?

No warning lights or fault codes on mine but it has seemed particularly gutless all week!

I guess it could be related to the high intake air temperature too, I mean I have had the aircon on the whole time!?!?!? ;-)

The air intake on the engine sucks in air from the engine compartment, instead of other cars which suck in air from the front of the car. So in this (stupidly) hot weather we've had our engine bays have been basking in the heat. Add to this the fact the air intake is sitting on top of a hot engine, with a hot mainfold nearby, and a hot radiator, and that heat rises, engine performance is going to be a bit rubbish in this hot weather regardless of air conditioning being on or not.

If the codes happen again, take it straight to the dealership. It's a 2016 car so under warranty.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links