Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 1.2T true mpg ?

cairngorm

Been a Yaris owner for 14 years. Currently on third car all from new 1.33 vvti.

Over the years averaged 50mpg on mainly A-roads lighter traffic and very little town driving, also long tours bigger roads. Drive economically etc.

Considering the Auris 1.2T.  Can any owners out there give me their true mpg.

Our 2017 tourer is averaging around 43mpg so far but It's only done 2k miles so I expect it to improve when it's loosened up a bit. 

Have a look at the German website "spritmonitor".

I found several 1,2 auris cars there.

I test drove one over a fair few miles and got 42mpg according to the computer.  Looking at history of journeys on the 'record' bit of computer there were 4 recorded trips (so probably only reset 4 times from new?) and each had consistently 37-39mpg.  Car had done 2k and had been a hire car so read what you will about driving style etc!!!!  I wasn't massively impressed with engine refinement or economy but I'm sure I would have got used to engine and mpg would surely rise.

I'm sure it's better than many of the smaller newer engines out there.  The turbos seem to vary mpg wise more than older style engines - mainly depending on how you drive!  I preferred my old 1.6 and according to HJ website the 1.6 in tourer form is close to the 1.2 economy wise whereas on paper they are miles apart. 

I would suggest that your 1.33 would be slightly more economical (drove one for about 12 months and got low 50s) but that the 1.2 would be more fun with a lot more go in it - acceleration was v. good.

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:13 PM, Heidfirst said:

Thanks for the link. Very enlightening. For comparison, I'm getting 39-42mpg from my 1.6 Touring, which squares with Honest John's estimates. A bit surprised that the 1.2 is only giving about the same, but I suppose it's quite a heavy car for a small engine to pull around?

https://www.spritmonitor.de/de/uebersicht/49-Toyota/985-Auris.html?fueltype=2&power_s=116&power_e=116&page=2&gearing=1&powerunit=2

Some figures / numbers there :

On this website, the most economical driver got 5,81 liter per 100 km out of his car,    the worst result was 8,69 liter per 100 km , average being around 6,83 out of  29 cars.

In miles per gallon :   About 48 for the best one, ,  32,5 for the worst one,    general average 41,5 miles per gallon.

http://www.calculateme.com/cGasMileage/MPGtoLitersPer100km-imperial.htm

Always at your service....

My average in summer time is 48 mpg. I've just been to Le Mans, 900 mile drive from Denmark. Speed around 75 miles. Fuel average is 43 mpg, I find it just fine for a petrol engine.