Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Interval Reset Procedure for 2016 (new shape) 1.4TD Auris Business Edition

Azzaaaaaaa999

Hi all, new to the forum

I think i may have registered under another toyota forum before for our old yaris - i'm sure you'll be able to find the ranting posts somewhere as we had major service problems with Pinkstones Toyota in Stoke On Trent!  We ended up being pushed into getting another car as, as the yaris went in for a new head (70k miles fully coked we were told), they said oh your finance runs out today too, you need to either renegotiate it or get another car - thanks for the warning? No previous letters etc.

Anyway that aside, i dont get it serviced in toyota as the service team ruined the last car we sent there, so it goes to our local selecta tyre, with all the genuine parts etc. it's just hit 30k miles and has had a full service with everything other than the fuel filter - but i cant now turn the service interval light off, what's bugging me is i rang the stafford branch (WR Davies) previously and they told me this over the phone and that it wasnt a problem, here's how you do it and laughed when i told them pinkstones wanted £30 to plug in the car and do an engine inspection to 'prove' any work had been done. Problem is that was 6 months ago for the 10k inspection and i now cant remember how to do it - does anyone have any info on resetting it?

I thought it was just to hold the trip button on the steering wheel and watch the LCD display say 00000, 0000-,000--,00---,0----,----- then once that disappears turn off the ignition again and it's done, but i must be missing something as it keeps coming back up saying oil maintenance due again.

Any ideas?

Hi Frosty,

The link you sent comes up with a blank page once i'm there.  I have this sinking feeling i need to log in to "my toyota"?

The Mrs has lost the log book to the car, and i cant register to the site without it i've found (annoyingly).

Can anyone send it to me? I understand if people cant - she needs to get a new logbook or find the existing one! 

Update, think i found it somewhere else 

https://carmanuals2.com/toyota/auris-2016-owner-s-manual-94179

Looks like all i was doing wrong was not changing the trip setting to TRIP A before doing the procedure - i'll give that a go and see if that does the trick.

Just out of curiosity, i asked for this information from the dealer this morning and they wanted £25 to do it but wouldnt tell me how it was done over the phone, i dont understand how they can charge £25 to show me how to do it in person when it's freely available in the owners manual?? (annoyingly which i didnt get with the car as theyre all now electronic i'm told)

2 hours ago, Azzaaaaaaa999 said:

Update, think i found it somewhere else 

https://carmanuals2.com/toyota/auris-2016-owner-s-manual-94179

Looks like all i was doing wrong was not changing the trip setting to TRIP A before doing the procedure - i'll give that a go and see if that does the trick.

Just out of curiosity, i asked for this information from the dealer this morning and they wanted £25 to do it but wouldnt tell me how it was done over the phone, i dont understand how they can charge £25 to show me how to do it in person when it's freely available in the owners manual?? (annoyingly which i didnt get with the car as theyre all now electronic i'm told)

That page doesn't exist - the link needs to be the home page and one can then search for a manual and, in the case of Toyota manuals, download it from Toyota.com.

Presumably if you're asking the dealer to spend time to show you the process, they're charging you for part of an hour, which, if you're not using them for servicing is quite understandable. As regards the owners manual, Toyota has supplied an abbreviated owners manual with new cars since approx 2014.

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

That page doesn't exist - the link needs to be the home page and one can then search for a manual and, in the case of Toyota manuals, download it from Toyota.com.

Presumably if you're asking the dealer to spend time to show you the process, they're charging you for part of an hour, which, if you're not using them for servicing is quite understandable. As regards the owners manual, Toyota has supplied an abbreviated owners manual with new cars since approx 2014.

Try this one, https://carmanuals2.com/brand/toyota/auris-2016-10454

And i wasnt asking them to show me the process, i rang up 6 months ago and they told me over the phone - i rang up today to get the same info as i didnt write it down and the service manager said it's chargeable information but they wouldn't say anything until they had looked over the car - which is a bit daft, i'm not going to travel 20-30 miles out of the way just to press a button, he immediately dropped the subject when i said i only had it serviced at a VAT approved garage for warranty, as soon as that's up i'll do it myself it's much cheaper! 

I wasnt asking for technical information on the car, if it's freely available in the owners manual there shouldn't be a need to charge for it, in addition he never even mentioned it was in the owners manual.

Only thing i've got left to do now is replace the fuel filter which selecta tyre said was too hard - i must be missing something as i thought it was only a few silicone hose connections..?

Same again.

40 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Same again.

Links must time out.

Home page link:  https://carmanuals2.com/  

Use the menu to select make, model and year and it comes up with varying languages

RIght, so i followed the procedure in the owners manual which said to: 

for the 1ND-TV engine after changing the engine oil. For a 2 ring dash display.

Turn the trip meter to A whilst the engine is running - DONE

Turn engine off - DONE

For vehicles without smart entry and start system:

Press the trip button and turn the engine to ignition on mode and hold until the trip meter displays 00000 - DONE

It doesnt come up with a confirmation of service interval reset, and it does go away, however after a few miles / engine cycles between on and off it reappears saying engine oil maintenance due?

Am i missing something here? If i'm doing this right i'm going to have to go to the stealers to get it looked at however they wanted £25 to perform the procedure, but if i say i'm following the owners guide and it doesnt work then am i right in thinking it falls under warranty instead as its 'potentially' a control issue?

• 3 months later...

Anyone else come across this problem? I've still not solved it, if I follow the service interval procedure it says oil maintenance reset incomplete, if you do it again it clears then comes back later on - I'm following the Toyota procedure and it's not resetting.

Am I doing something wrong here?

I even tried buying a Vgate scan tool to see if theres a code logged for it not resetting properly - nothing, everythings clear.

if selecta tyre have completed the service its down to them to reset the service indicator

if they dont know how to reset the indicator ask them to pay to find out how its done

you shouldn't be out of pocket for a job you have paid to have done.

1 hour ago, eygo said:

if selecta tyre have completed the service its down to them to reset the service indicator

if they dont know how to reset the indicator ask them to pay to find out how its done

you shouldn't be out of pocket for a job you have paid to have done.

I know what you're saying, but the bigger issue is that it wont reset - I downloaded the owners manual and I followed Toyotas service reset procedure and it doesn't work (it did before at 10k)

Has anyone else had the same? I'm loathed at going back to pinkstones as their policy is the dealer is always right and the customer is always wrong - I had to get Toyota customer service to intervene last time as they gave me the "prove this is our problem" attitude

Try another dealer - eg. W R Davies at Stafford, or Inchcape at Burton.

• 1 year later...

The instructions kindly provided above work. You just have to find the exact bit where the 'ignition on' is. I was unsure if it mean turning key right round but I think it's the notch right before turning the engine on. I hadn't noticed there were several notches - I generally just do on and off!

Turn the trip meter to A whilst the engine is running - DONE

Turn engine off - DONE

For vehicles without smart entry and start system:

Press the trip button and turn the engine to ignition on mode and hold until the trip meter displays 00000 - DONE

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links