Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2005 T25 DRL unit location

Fintoy

Hi! I have a 2005 Avensis 1.8 petrol engine. Im trying to disable automatic head lights. I did this operation once to Toyota Corolla 2006 and i found DRL unit behind the glove box. I clipped one wire from that box and grounded it, then driving lights didnt start automatically.  Any ideas where this box is located on Avensis T25 model? And if you have any other ideas to disable lights to start automatically please tell me :) I fitted LED daytime runningst so thats why i need to get automatic lights off. Thanks :)

Hi Juho, welcome to toc :smile:

This is a mainly UK forum & I suspect that our cars don't work the same as yours. Do your headlights automatically come on with ignition (ours didn't)?

For us Auto headlights is a setting on the stalk where the car would put lights on/off according to ambient light level.

Hi, and thanks! I mean that Avensis head lights goes on when car starts running. There is some kind of relay what does that trick. I found T25 wiring diagram online and if i understood it right, integration relay controls head lights also and there is no Relay Assy Running Light -box like Corolla had behind glove box. 

• 5 years later...

Hello. I also have a Toyota Avensis 2006. Did you turn off the DRL?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links