Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear seatbelt warning when no one in rear

silverwood02

Ok - the car is a 2016 Auris, today for some reason whilst driving the rear seatbelt warning came on. On one in, no luggage on seats. Kept driving and the alarm got louder, etc. etc.

Stopped. Checked, no luggage on seats. Started car from off, drove ok. Stopped again, started from off and the same thing happened.

Any ideas?

Only way to stop it is to plug belts in. Is that what you have to do even without passengers?

Keith

3 minutes ago, silverwood02 said:

Only way to stop it is to plug belts in. Is that what you have to do even without passengers

No. Possibly an issue with one of the seat belt latches.Pop it into a dealer.

Is it the same seat giving the problem? Try getting in/out of the seat a few times and see if that does anything?

17 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Is it the same seat giving the problem? Try getting in/out of the seat a few times and see if that does anything?

I don't know which seat it is. No one was in it. I have plugged all the belts in and it has stopped the alarm. Very rarely do we have anyone in the back, in fact it has only been twice since we bought the car in March 2016. Not sure if that would make any difference. For most of the time the belts have been plugged in, this week - on Monday it was the second time we have had passengers in the back. Then yesterday it was the first time we used the car since then - and the alarm started - but only after driving for a while. It is as if something had got loose or moved. Anyhow the noise is off at the moment as long as the belts remain locked in. I have had several other issues with this car - so I am not taking it back again. They can sort it out next year at service time.

Hmm - I thought it had separate display of passenger seatbelts (Yaris does, and I thought it was a requirement for a light to show WHICH seat).

You can see it here. The affected seat illuminates red when weight is detected but the seatbelt is not fastened.

My guess is the "seat occupied" sensor in the seat itself is the problem, hence suggesting getting in/out a few times to operate it.

2013-toyota-auris-pound-shop-clock.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi

Have u gotsorted your problem. I having same issue. Please kindly let me know what was the reason and how did u solve it.Thanks

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Please do not use text speak when posting

• 6 months later...

The same issue has started for me, seems to be the rear left sensor is being triggered somehow.

Anyone got any tips what can be done?
My initial thoughts is some WD40 to the seatbelt recepticle, might give it a go if I get no replies.

Try unplugging multiclip blowing into both ends for dust,, and plug back in👍good luck

Thanks...

Where / what is a multiclip? 😀

under the seat cushion you will see the wiring plug (multiclip) for each seat belt disconnect

and blow out each side then reconnect , this is what als68 is talking about

• Confused 1

Yes it is many thanks👌

On 12/14/2019 at 3:16 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Topics merged into one

On 12/14/2019 at 1:08 PM, Frostbite-UK said:

The same issue has started for me, seems to be the rear left sensor is being triggered somehow.

Anyone got any tips what can be done?
My initial thoughts is some WD40 to the seatbelt recepticle, might give it a go if I get no replies.

Wd neva hurts giv it a try👌good luck, if all else fails, undo multiclip under seats blow both ends replug back together, if tht doznt work find fuse tht relates to sensors n remove it 👍

• 1 year later...

To whom this may concern,

I was wondering if you could assist. 

My car toyota hybrid 2014 

On the dash was showing rear seat belt only when am driven, with no load in it.

coukd you please advise me the reason for this and how to get it off 

Many thanks 

Ayo 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links