Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 X-Pression chrome trim

Graham Smith

Has ANYONE got one like this? My Aygo X-Pression has the additional chrome trim at the front, door sides and boot lid bottom edge, and I can't remember what the option was called. I thought it was "X-~Shine" but I can't find any reference to it in any of my docs. The thing is, I have NEVER seen another Aygo with this option fitted, and it certainly doesn't appear to be an option on new Aygos. It makes me wonder if mine is unique!

I'm really surprised nobody else seems to have had this chromework, as it REALLY lifts the appearance!

DSC_3140.JPG

Never seen any like that, looks a beauty with the chrome edging.

I've seen this before. Think with the 2017 range Toyota have replaced the chrome with the red or silver accents on the front spoiler, sills and rear diffuser.

The pack was the OUTshine pack, which comprised the x-chrome trim, the side door chrome trim and the lower boot chrome trim - only available on the X-pression five door.

• Like 1

That looks great, never seen one like it before. Love the chrome, and Red.

Oh - yes - OUT-shine. Knew it had the shine in it!  Anyway - the dealership keeps trying to get me to swap my Aygo for a Yaris, and I keep saying "no", because I'm happy with it. I LOVE my little car - especially as it stands out from other Aygos due to the chromework! My first cars were all classic Minis, and the Aygo is the only other one I've had that is as much fun to drive (and as easy to park) as the Mini. And with MPG in excess of 55 on average, zero road tax and cheap insurance, it's a great saving. Can't understand these people who do the school run in a Range Rover or suchlike!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Graham Smith said:

Can't understand these people who do the school run in a Range Rover or suchlike!

I think we can all guess, and I doubt if the answers would be printable on here :blink:

I really like that protection strip at the bottom of the doors. Does it stick out from the bodywork enough to do a good job?

Don't think its purpose is a protection strip, just decoration.

If anybody fancies one, has £6946 to spare and fancies a trip to the Nottingham Toyota Dealership.....They actually have one for sale. I don't think that I'm allowed to put a link on here for it but it's on the Auto Trader website.

I've never seen one before but by heck, Graham....You've got youself a very, very nice motor there and you are so right...Why on earth would you swap it?

So, not unique, sorry about that but I bet you never see another on the road....No wonder your dealer wants it!

It's a little cracker.

All the best. :smile:

5 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

All available as accessories from Toyota

HEY! Don't tell everyone! They'll all want it! 

(Only joking. Go ahead - Tart up your Toyota. Accentuate your Aygo.)

6 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

So, not unique, . :smile:

-- but one of a ... pair? Still pretty rare! Don't care either way- I still wouldn't part with it! Currently I'm only averaging about 7000 miles a year, so at that rate, allowing a lifetime of some 100,000 miles, (my last car, a Honda Jazz,was 9 years old and had done 96,000 miles before I traded it in) this should last me about 15 years! By which time I'll be ... um... 80! I don't think I'll need another car, do you?

• Like 1

Just been doing some sums... now it's paid for, the car costs me:

£300/year insurance

£0 road tax

app. £150/year servicing

ave. £50/year tyres and sundries

about £15/week - say, £800/year tops for petrol. (I don't have to commute to work, being retired)

£40/year MOT when that becomes necessary

That's running costs at the moment of £1340 per year, or £26 a week, fuel included. 

You can't get much cheaper than that!

Whoa, Graham!....A bit of artistic licence with the Copy/Paste and (Mainly) Edit on the replies from Lee (Devon Aygo) and myself, there, Mate!  We don't come across too well after that. :wink:

I do love your sums and your long-term thinking though but even after 15 years, your fab little Aygo will still have a residual value that you could factor into your figures. In 2032 (Is that really going to be a year?:ohmy:) it still might be worth £1500. (£100 per year)

Secondly your insurance figure for a mature driver sounds a bit high, or are you guessing at the future? (I pay nowhere near that amount for good cover from the "Little Dog")

In any case, you've still got a "Keeper".

10 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

Whoa, Graham!....A bit of artistic licence with the Copy/Paste and (Mainly) Edit on the replies from Lee (Devon Aygo) and myself, there, Mate!  We don't come across too well after that. :wink:

I do love your sums and your long-term thinking though but even after 15 years, your fab little Aygo will still have a residual value that you could factor into your figures. In 2032 (Is that really going to be a year?:ohmy:) it still might be worth £1500. (£100 per year)

Secondly your insurance figure for a mature driver sounds a bit high, or are you guessing at the future? (I pay nowhere near that amount for good cover from the "Little Dog")

In any case, you've still got a "Keeper".

Okay - no editing.... Actually I was perfectly happy with all your comments. No intention to denigrate what you said!

Regarding insurance - I just did a quick quote from Churchill and it came out as £280 per year, so it must be my postcode or something....  Actually I don't think that's bad - considering what my 40-year-old son pays on his Mazda MX5!

Cheers.  Graham

No offence taken whatsoever but as for that insurance figure, well it still sounds a tad dear to me, Graham, we're both "Lancashire Lads" so, surely our premiums shouldn't be so far apart, mine is way south of £200.00.

When my insurance was last due, I got a quick quote from....let's say a Direct, onLine (Ahem!) Insurance company and they were cheaper than the Bulldog but I chose to stay with them as I have my Home insurance with them as well, so I get a discount on that. Try them for a quote, you might just be, err, "Made an offer you can't refuse" :wink:

There are so many variables as regards insurance, it is difficult to compare one person's insurance with another.

We pay around £330 for our Aygo insurance - then again we live in a Birmingham postcode which would be more expensive than Lancashire, use a Which? Recommended Provider, have business use for both of us, guaranteed NCD, additional personal accident cover, guaranteed courtesy car and only a £50 voluntary excess.

By the way Churchill is owned by Direct Line.

Yeah, drop Winston Wolfe a line. He managed to give me a very competitive quote compared to the others. Was with big grey animal before.

Well, we'll see what happens when renewal time comes along. I'll be changing address before then anyway.