Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roll bar bushes and drop links cost

600rob

My front roll bar bushes are in need of replacment. And ive decided to do the drop links aswell as they look like they coild do with replacment aswell.

Called up my local toyota dealer who quoted a cost of £171 for the bushes and the drop link assy. The bushes alone come to £22.51 which is about what i was expecting. 

Something doest seem right with the price for the drop link kit though....this is the part im talking about when reffering to drop link kit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331099344268

Can anyone confirm if ive used the correct name and hence received the price for the corect item?

I know Toyota are more expensive but this loads more than whay i could get them for online elsewhere.

On that note, has anyone bought these parts online for a cheaper price and noticed a difference in quality?

Thanks 

Rob 

Toyota don't do a kit, you have to buy all the individual parts, washers, bolts,nuts etc. The price of any Toyota drop links are expensive compared to the non genuine market

Thanks parts king.

Just want to check a couple more things so im clear.

1. Are the nuts bolts and washers in the pic below all i would require to replace the drop links?

2. Would these parts be the same collection of components that Toyota would be supplying if i bought the kit from them ( albeit sold as genuine parts)?

Or does the Toyota kit include some additional items that i might have overlooked?

Thanks again

Rob

links.png

7 minutes ago, 600rob said:

... does the Toyota kit include some additional items that i might have overlooked?

Parts-King did say that Toyota don't supply a kit - the individual parts have to be bought separately.

16 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Parts-King did say that Toyota don't supply a kit - the individual parts have to be bought separately.

Apologies for wording that badly 

what i meant to say was do the individual parts supplied by toyota only make up that assembly shown in my pic or am i missing something?

When i asked the guy in the parts department for the items required to replace the drop links i was just a bit surprised at the cost i was given for what is essentially a collection of  nuts bolts and various washers

Yeah, the Toyota ones are weirdly expensive; The bulk of the cost (IIRC) is the rubbers for some reason. You can get poly ones cheaper!

Also relevant - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/174433-alternative-front-droplink-bushes-for-mark-1-yaris/

BTW, why do you think they need changing? If you are getting suspension clonking sounds when going over bumps then they probably do, but if they just look perished they're probably okay still. The outer part doesn't last long; It'll look shagged within a year or two, but the inner core that does most of the work will probably be fine.

You can also fit poly ones, like the ones from Super Flex, which will last forever but are a massive pain in the **** to fit because you need to take the anti-roll bar brackets off to drop the bolt in and the drivers' side one is a nightmare (Well, on a Mk1 D4D anyway...!)

I switched to Mark 1 Ford Focus rear ones. http://tinyurl.com/ybuclbmk

Lasted three years so far with no issues and no evident wear. Easy to fit..

I bought these ones. not fitted yet. Have I got the wrong ones?

download.jpg

Looks correct..Fit the bolt in from the top. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links