Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electrical fault

aygo_rory

OK so I've got a random electrical issue and im at a total loss as to what's wrong. The car starts and drives although I haven't got any radio, power steering, rev counter or central locking, everthing else works fine. The fuses are all good, I've checked every single one and still no luck, the car was fine and has just randomly happened. Any ideas? Its a mk1 05 plate

Which fuses in what location have you checked?

Ive checked engine bay fuses and also the ones in the cluster inside. When I remove f1 on the cluster and put a positive feed into it with my tester everything works as it should which suggests its a short somewhere.

The car has sat in the back of the workshop for about 18 months so its probably been chewed up by mice

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:59 PM, aygo_rory said:

When I remove f1 on the cluster and put a positive feed into it with my tester everything works as it should which suggests its a short somewhere.

It suggests the opposite to me, namely that F1 has not got the required supply feed present. If you had a short on the output side of the fuse, then applying a 'positive feed' from your tester would simply short the tester. 

On 26/06/2017 at 11:00 PM, aygo_rory said:

The car has sat in the back of the workshop for about 18 months so its probably been chewed up by mice

after you spent so much time & effort repairing the car in your bodyshop

and then you just leave it there doing nothing , i thought you where going

to repair and sell.

• 1 year later...

I thought I would update !

i know it’s been a while, well over 18 months actually but I decided a couple of days ago to have another look at the car and this electrical issue as I want to put it back on the road, after a damn good day testing fuses, relays wires and lots of swearing and frustration I have found the problem!!

i thought I would update this so if any fellow aygo owners face a similar situation  they will be able to see the exact cause of the problem.

i have attached a picture of what it was and it is located inside the engine fuse box!

maybe now I will have a bit more enthusiasm in sorting it again!

E7B650D4-4D20-41A3-AB5F-C6BB261F0A66.jpeg

Wow, possibly a first? Never seen or heard of that fuse blowing before! Did you do any welding on the car? Or find any reason why it blew?

2 hours ago, Planemo said:

Wow, possibly a first? Never seen or heard of that fuse blowing before! Did you do any welding on the car? Or find any reason why it blew?

In all my years in the motor trade I’ve never seen one blow!! There was no welding done on the car when it went, it was a random incident. 

I would be assuming that the alternator may have been to blame for that, luckily it was replaced.

Looks like il have to go to the main dealer to get a replacement!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links