Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AirCon Re-gas

JohnP1961

Took my car in to Kwikfit for an aircon Re-gas after researching it a bit and very pleased with the result. I had expected them to test it first to see how cold it was before being done...but they didn't, at least, they didn't say anything to me about it. In any case, I'd bought one of those little temperature testers from Halfords and that had shown, at best, it was getting down to around 57-60f. Once they'd done the job its getting to 50f...maybe a bit less...and thats on a hot day...very impressed.
I asked the guy how much refrigerant it had lost and he said it should have 450g in and it only took 100g....he asked me when I'd last had it done and I told him it had never been done...its a 2000 Avensis...I'm satisfied, anyway.

Kwikfit Walton did it but I originally went to knotty Ash and they told me they didn't have enough gas left to do it and Neither did Edge Lane....I must have got one of the good guys.

I want to replace the cabin filters now...does anyone know the part number for it for a pre Aug 2000 1.8 Liftback, (Non VVTI)

I had issues sourcing the correct cabin filters and got them from Toyota. The problem was getting right hand drive filters. Not a prblem for T25 and T27. 

This is a bit late if you have already bought a filter.

I had a pollen filter priced up as I am sure it is overdue a change when I was collecting parts I had ordered from Toyota. I shall post for reference.

mk1 Avensis pollen filter Y88508-20060 described as N/STK Pollen filter

priced at £26.35 inclusive of VAT on 17/5/2017

Many thanks, I'd ordered and fitted this one, its made a massive difference (along with the re-gas), as you'd expect as its the first time they'd been done since manufacture, (17 years)....very pleased.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292155576067?utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&clk_rvr_id=1252156660590&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

• Like 1

From posts I have seen regarding air-con, I get the impression that the early Avensis air-con seemed to last a long time, from personal experience, the Mk2 have some issues, the Mk3 seems okay so far. It all depends on how often it is used and maintained - I use my to clear the windows and sometimes run the system to lubricate, all year round. Not just on hot days!

So long as the re-gas process is done properly, the air-con  system should work well.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links