Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Design CVT 2017

mickandjanet

Hi anyone have this model, thinking of changing mine for the Auto, opinions and comments appreciated .

Thanks

Looks like it will be me answering my own question if i dont get an answer soon.

As far as I'm aware, there are only around 3 members who have actually received their latest spec Yaris - the last couple of days in June or so. One of these is a hybrid - unsure what the others are, but they may not be the CVT.

Whilst patience is a virtue, and given the above, it seems you may need to answer your own question.

15 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As far as I'm aware, there are only around 3 members who have actually received their latest spec Yaris - the last couple of days in June or so. One of these is a hybrid - unsure what the others are, but they may not be the CVT.

Whilst patience is a virtue, and given the above, it seems you may need to answer your own question.

Thanks for the reply Frosty, never thought that no one else has got one yet, hope to post back to myself in 2 weeks time.

Hi

I've had a 2012 1.3 petrol CVT and now have a 2016 Icon Hybrid CVT and I am a big fan. I wouldn't want to go back to a manual. There is a bit of engine noise if you accelerate hard but It's a small price to pay for the otherwise ultra smooth driving experience. Compared to the old Toyota MMT box of which I've had two the CVT is a revelation.

• Like 1

Thanks Dean58, your comments have given me a good indication of how good the CVT is, I will be taking delivery this Wed so will soon be posting a report.

I have a 2010 Auris Hybrid which has a CVT transmission. Dont know if its the same as yours but the principle is I suppose.

Its the first auto car I have had and I just love it. Smooth in operation, proving no problem for me at all. When I need to use the power the CVT responds very well.

I drove the wifes manual yaris diesel the other day (which was mine until 18 months ago), I was forgetting to change up (until I got a nudge) and then forgetting to drop down when I was approaching traffic lights etc and the car starts juddering. I really took to the Auris aut very well and would not want to go back to a manual gearbox.

On 15/07/2017 at 3:16 PM, mickandjanet said:

Thanks Dean58, your comments have given me a good indication of how good the CVT is, I will be taking delivery this Wed so will soon be posting a report.

Picked up the new car yesterday and was more than pleased with the CVT performance,very smooth and easy to drive, even has a sports mode but found the acceleration in P drive was more than acceptable on its own when at roundabouts and side turnings, I always thought that the manual gear box was faster but no fumbling around with gear stick and clutch makes the CVT easier to concentrate on the Roads, Love it

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The Hybrid "CVT" simply isn't - it just drives like a CVT would.

The proper CVT model uses two pulleys and a belt, whereas the Hybrid uses a planetary gear set.

I initially looked at the CVT myself, but as soon as I tried the Hybrid I was sold. :biggrin:

Pleased you're enjoying it! :cool:  The CVT will have continuous acceleration as there is no pausing to shift gears.