Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

All good things ..

thomjones83

Well after two years and 70k in very old t25 avensis I've retired the old girl...and bought.. a vauxhall. Yes I m disappointed but the wife decided. Kept the avensis though, she'll now do 4k a year instead of 4k a month!. New motor us ok; it's a insignia Sri diesel on a 12 plate. Boot is smaller and it's short on back seat space too. It has Sat nav and all the other toys but the ride at low speed is appalling and despite being the eco model it's only managing 8 mpg more than my standard, 12 year old 1.8 petrol can manage...we'll see how we go

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thom, the car is not that bad, so far. You will get used to the change. Look at the Vauxhall forum. 

9 hours ago, thomjones83 said:

I've retired the old girl...and bought.. a vauxhall

It's like you've given up on the thrill of driving :(

Thom you could well be sorry buying 1.I had 1 for 1 week and was returned to vauxhall as the gearbox is as weak as water in these. Look on M32 guy he does these boxes and will tell you about these. BTW they refurbished the box before I bought it and didn't do it right and the fluid had emptied on my drive.

But good luck with it.🖒

3 hours ago, Konrad C said:

Thom, the car is not that bad, so far. You will get used to the change. Look at the Vauxhall forum. 

You will have to factor in cam/timing and water pump change if you do the mileage or keep it long enough - unless that has been done before you got the car. I checked the cars outside dimensions and it is a bigger car - Insignia hatchback vs Avensis Tour. The insignia has one major advantage over the Avensis - hatchback. Secondly some have normal hand/parking brake.
Thom still has the Avensis, so he could on here in the future - probably sharing his Insignia experience.  

• Like 2

If you can find out if the gearbox has been done if not drain out the fluid if it's vauxhalls own brand and use a better quality fluid and fill it up ie:if it's 2.8 litres put in 3 litre's. Check the brake calipers as they stick.the disc's also need renewed. It  is a nice looking car 

Update: I've booked it in for a major service...everything getting done. Can report the seating position is better and although the low speed ride is appalling compared to the avensis it does handle like it's on rails when you push it.

• Like 1

One week in...i can say the stereo is better in the avensis, the fuel economy is comparable at say 60 but I drove...erm...a bit faster today and it dropped down to 52.5 but I know if I'd have done that in the avensis it'd been much lower. Interior is lovely, nothing on build quality really. Boit is better on the avensis and it's got more room in the back too although driving position is excellent on the vauxhall. The vauxhall is a good cruiser but did 4 hours in it today and was beginning to feel it which I never did in the Toyota.

Yeah I agree with the cruising was great never felt 1 bump or realised I was travelling over 90mph..hope it goes well 🖒

Well driven it to Ripon, then out to the east coast today then back up to north Durham...and I'm broken! Knackered in fact, finding it very tiring on a long run but did do 65mpg

Right 2 weeks in...1300 miles in a week, 900 miles to one tank of diesel and averaging close to 60mpg (would've been more but hammered it today) and can report this....i like it. My back as adjusted and I'm now fine, it handles really well and is good on a run. Stereo isn't as good but I can forgive that. Nav is good as is the bluetooth. In short...better than the avensis BUT I don't think it's fair to compare them.

In summary I still have a big soft spot for Mr T and doubt I'll ever sell it...just let HMS Insignia do the work instead.

18 minutes ago, thomjones83 said:

. In short...better than the avensis BUT I don't think it's fair to compare them.

it's not as they are different generations, you would have to compare it to a T27 not a T25.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links