Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No jack but empty cover: Yaris Hybrid 2014 Icon Plus touch and go

Sofia

I have just bought this Yaris Hybrid 2014 Icon Plus touch and go. It didn't have mats, so I have ordered them I found an empy jack cover under passenger seat but jack is missing. It didn't have space saver tyre. I asked the dealer he said, there is a repair kit and there is no tyre or tool kit. He told me to call AA when got puncture. I am a new driver just passed my test.

I drove home without the kit. The dealer opened the boot and showed me tyre repair package he said now this comes with the cars.

Can some one confirm that this car when was purchased by the first owner didn't have jack, rod or space saver tyre?

I am also struggling to use Touch and Go SAT Nav which is built in. When I enter a post code and route is set and when I press go. I can't cancel the route. Can someone help where is the button to cancel the route or turn it off SAT Nav if I do't need the sat nav for the route which I had entered.

I have a 2014 Icon+, not hybrid. Bought pre-registered(brand new though)in March 2014. That did not have any jack or tool kit, only a compressor and gloop! I refused to purchase until they agreed to "throw in" a spacesaver and tool kit with jack.

So I suspect yours possible came originally with only the compressor and gloop. Perfect if you are stuck in the middle of nowhere at 3am with a shredded tyre.:rolleyes: The kit and spare are over £100 to purchase new afterwards!

Hello Sofia - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

On the majority of new cars, car mats are usually an option for the purchaser to buy or not - their choice. On a used car the mats may be left in if in good condition, but I would suggest this instance would be in the minority.

Spare wheels were deleted from a lot of new cars to save weight. As regards tyre repair kits, some new cars still only come with these, rather than a jack and spacesaver spare wheel. Spare wheel kits can often be bought as an accessory - eg spare, jack, mountings and tool kit.

all yaris comes with a jack and spare tyre even the latest one

3 minutes ago, monkeydave said:

No they don't, but can be purchased as an option 

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I am also struggling to use Touch and Go SAT Nav which is built in. When I enter a post code and route is set and when I press go. I can't cancel the route. Can someone help where is the button to cancel the route or turn it off SAT Nav if I do't need the sat nav for the route which I had entered.

When you set a destination, and press GO, you can cancel it by looking on the right hand side, bottom of the screen. The is a button at the bottom that is 3 dots *** click on that button and press STOP, hey presto, it cancels your route option 

Kingo :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, monkeydave said:

When I was looking to buy a Yaris Hybrid, I specifically checked for a spare. The info I got points to the 2012/13 cars had spares as standard. Later ones had spares as options and, at the moment, new cars now have spares as standard again.

• Like 1

my dads 04 has one, my 66 has one as does the face lift 17 on

it is one of the reasons i didnt go for another honda jazz well that and the yaris hasnt got engine stop/start and an engine start button either

When Toyota introduced MK3 Yaris they dropped spare wheel as a standard fit item and made it an accessory option until the 2015 Face-lift was introduced when it became a standard fit item again, so there are Mk3 Yaris that only had a puncture repair kit with pump and no tools, jack etc for those owners you can buy a spare wheel kit from your dealer 

1x 42600-0D900 contains all the fittings, tools and jack

1x 42600-0DM51 16" Space saver wheel and tyre pre fitted

all comes to around £105

16 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

When Toyota introduced MK3 Yaris they dropped spare wheel as a standard fit item and made it an accessory option until the 2015 Face-lift was introduced when it became a standard fit item again, so there are Mk3 Yaris that only had a puncture repair kit with pump and no tools, jack etc for those owners you can buy a spare wheel kit from your dealer 

1x 42600-0D900 contains all the fittings, tools and jack

1x 42600-0DM51 16" Space saver wheel and tyre pre fitted

all comes to around £105

i suppose that is good price for everything seeing as some manufacturers charge over £250+ just for the wheel without hold down screw or jack pack, .something to get thrown in when your buying the car

" something to get thrown in when your buying the car "

Exactly so and it isn't going to cost the dealer £105 either.

When I purchased my car (mid 2015) it did *NOT* come with spare wheel, or jack. It has a tyre repair kit which includes a compressor and gloop.

Not sure whether I'll regret it... I'd rather not find out.

My last car, the spare was pretty much inaccessible as it was in a holder slung underneath the car. I doubt you'd be able to get at it if it was a rear tyre that was flat!

• 4 months later...

I looked on eBay for  a steel rim to use as a spare. I got very, very lucky - for £50 I bough FOUR rims which were fitted with winter tyres.  Turned out the tyres were only 2 years old and had only been used for one winter (They looked like new!)

So I now have four winter tyres on the car, with one of the original alloy rims in the boot as a spare!

I bought a brand new Yaris Icon+ 2014 from a Toyota dealer, no spare tyre or kit or jack, just the rubbish repair kit.

7 hours ago, FlukemanStu said:

I bought a brand new Yaris Icon+ 2014 from a Toyota dealer, no spare tyre or kit or jack, just the rubbish repair kit.

I recently bought the same car. In my case, there WAS a spare and tools in the car when I viewed it. But they had mysteriously disappeared when I got the car home  a couple of days later...They then ignored all my emails and didn't return my calls. Thank you and goodbye Cambridge Toyota!   

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kingsway said:

I recently bought the same car. In my case, there WAS a spare and tools in the car when I viewed it. But they had mysteriously disappeared when I got the car home  a couple of days later...They then ignored all my emails and didn't return my calls. Thank you and goodbye Cambridge Toyota!   

Cheeky gits! Someone there spotted a chance to make a few £££'s.

1 hour ago, Kingsway said:

That's assuming that the spare that was in the car was the correct spare for the car. It it wasn't the correct spare, one could possibly see why it was removed.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

That's assuming that the spare that was in the car was the correct spare for the car. It it wasn't the correct spare, one could possibly see why it was removed.

It was all done a bit surreptitiously, I knew there was something up, but they just kept quiet hoping I didn't notice.  I subsequently looked through the service record and found that a space-saver spare tyre etc had indeed been supplied to the previous owner.  It also appears that two new headlight bulbs were fitted at the recent service. But when I checked all the bulbs I found the headlight bulbs in the car were both so old and blackened they could have failed at any time... Hmmnn...  It's hard to believe a main dealer would be guilty of such dubious practices, but maybe one of the staff got himself a spare tyre and a set of new bulbs?  Most puzzling of all was the fact that they never got back to me to explain what may or may not have happened.   I'm a driving instructor (as they well knew) . Many of my customers are high net-worth business people and academics - people who could well decide they like my car so much they might want to buy one.   Will I be pointing them toward my local Toyota Dealer...?  btw Up until I signed on the dotted line, I would have told you what a great firm they were. Friendly and very helpful. I just seemed to become invisible the moment the deal was done...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

You're playing devil's advocate FBs....given some previous on this site I'm surprised no one has suggested that the insurance wouldn't be valid if the dealer let it out of the shop in a non OEM condition!

28 minutes ago, Berisford said:

You're playing devil's advocate FBs....given some previous on this site I'm surprised no one has suggested that the insurance wouldn't be valid if the dealer let it out of the shop in a non OEM condition!

No - nothing to do with devil's advocate, wheel/tyre condition or insurance.

People obtain spare wheels from a variety of sources, and don't always ensure it is the correct fitment for their car. 

As Kingsway has provided further detail, my suggestion doesn't seem to be the case. 

1 hour ago, Berisford said:

My last Avensis was bought from a Toyota dealer as an ex-Toyota management car & the initial advertising showed it with a towbar fitted. Later photos that they sent to me after I had already done a deal & agreed to buy it no longer had a towbar  - when I queried it they said that they didn't know who had fitted it & electrics, therefore couldn't warranty it & had therefore removed it.

[I argued that the car was no longer as described & they ended up fitting a new one foc - I don't actually tow but it's a great defence against people who "touch park". :2guns: 

It's now on my new Avensis having been removed from the old car before I  traded it in.]

• 1 month later...

Can someone answer a few probably daft questions please?

Space saver wheel :

1.  I've heard it's good for 15 and 16" wheels (how?!) apparently you have to buy and fit a tyre as well  ...

2.  Presumably it fits in the compartment with the tyre - so why 'space saver'?

3.  Also, does it come with a fitting to hold it in place - there's no hole in the compartment?

4.  Where can I get one?!

Thanks!

The space saver has a limited life and a limited maximum speed (commonly 50mph or similar), and is intended for temporary use only until the original tyre can be repaired or replaced.

Look at Parts-King's post of 8th July and Devon Aygo's post of 9th July 2017 - both on this topic.